z

Young Writers Society

Iron Man

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue May 06, 2008 7:42 am
Robin says...

I couldn't wait to see this movie because they cast Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark... But I had semi-low expectations when I went in to see it. Mainly because a friend of my sister's saw it ahead of time and said how bad it was.

I'm not really a fan of Marvel Comic based films since the majority of what I have seen by them made me want to gouge my eyes out e.g: Instead of going to my senior prom, my friends and I decided to go see Spider-Man 3 since it was released on the same day.....

But that's besides the point. I was actually impressed with this movie. RDJ's performance was excellent; he played a likable jerk well. The humor overall was tasteful. Some parts were a little predictable but they didn't take away from the movie overall. The action was well-balanced...the "main" fight wasn't over the top like some action junkies would hope, but everything else about the movie makes up for that. The only thing I didn't like was Gwyneth Paltrow's performance...it was a little dry. I also kept waiting to see Jeff Bridges character to start bowling somewhere in the movie... But he made an awesome villain.

There's a lot I could say about this movie and I know a lot of this is probably vague... It's 2am where I am now and I'm tired so yeah. All I can say is this is my favorite movie of 08 so far. Even Comic book fans can appreciate this. I can't wait for the new Batman and the "new" Hulk...I just hope that Ed Norton can save the franchise.

Anyway, if anyone else reads this post and saw the movie...feel free to express your opinion.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue May 06, 2008 1:42 pm
gyrfalcon says...

I really enjoyed this movie. I have little previous knowledge of the character (I am a Marvel fan, I just never got as far as the Avengers), so I went in without too many preconceived ideas and found myself really enjoying it! The story's the pretty standard "superhero origin" tale, but if you were expecting something else why go? I loved Downey's performance--he carried the balance between jerk, rich-boy, mechanical genius, and (later) kick-but dude in a suit quite well. Speaking of the suit: it's beautiful. My dad's an engineer, so I have a serious love of well-designed things that are pretty at the same time. That suit...isthemostbeautifulpieceofmachineryever. *deep breath* Thank you.

Anyway, I rather liked Pepper--she wasn't terribly original or deep, but like Downy she managed to keep that delicate balance between believable and likeable. The villain, what's-his-name, Obadiah, was delightful, but then I expected that. My overall opinion: go see it. Take a friend. Take me! Have fun.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue May 06, 2008 2:11 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I enjoyed the movie myself too. (I jumped once)^-^

I thought parts of it were so funny.

[spoiler]To tell you the truth....I am Ironman.[/spoiler]

Lol!

to good to be true!
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi