z

Young Writers Society

UFC 83

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:30 am
Krupp says...

Anybody here watching it? I know I am. A night filled with fights and nothing else is a GOOD night.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 12, 2008 4:36 pm
JFW1415 says...

I watch the UFC occasionally.

My brother's more into it than I am. When I'm on the computer and he comes down to watch it in the living room, I usually turn to watch it.

It's pretty appalling. Having guys fight, trying to knock each other out? Ew. My brother does that stuff, but he doesn't actually knock people out/throw real punches. There's a class in our martial arts school where they practice the grappling part, but they're not nearly as violent as the UFC guys.

And the training these guys do is awful. They pass out regularly, and then just continue.

~JFW1415

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm
Krupp says...

Ah, but let's not forget how hockey or boxing is...or NFL for that matter.

The thing is about contact sport, no matter what happens, there's always the risk of injury or bodily harm. That's just how it is. Knockouts happen. I've never heard of a MMA fighter passing out during training though. And wrestling training (what I did in school) is very similar to MMA training, without the punching/kicking/crap of course...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

we were just chatting about oblivious bananas
— Inferno