z

Young Writers Society

Ghostly Image Mysteriously Appears Under Highway... AGAIN

Reviews: 2
Fri May 13, 2005 9:00 pm
Lakija X says...

Thanks for stopping by! Here's the scoop from Chicago:

I don't know if any of you have heard of it, but there was an image (or so they think :roll: ) of the Virgin Mary under a highway bridge. It disappeared for a while, but it resurface one day.

I myself love things that concern ghosts, but this is not really a phenomena.

I've driven with my dad and saw it, and it just looks like salt rusted the concrete. That's all.

I have to admit though... it does kinda look like a lady with her hand raised in prayer.

-Lakija

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri May 13, 2005 9:06 pm
Sureal says...

That's nothing... I've seen a tree that looks mysteriously like a penis.

Our brains are constantly scanning our surroundings for objects that resemble things we recognise (which is what has happened here).
For example, have you never wondered why :-) looks like a smiling face? After all, it's nothing like a real face... yet our brains recognises these shapes, and gives us the impression that it's smiling.

Hm. Sorry... I didn't really explain that very well...
I wrote the above just for you.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri May 13, 2005 9:35 pm
Nai says...

!!!!

YOUR FROM CHICAGO????

ILLINOIS PEOPLE, UNITE!!!!!!

I'm from Hanover Park, ever heard of it?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Fri May 13, 2005 9:37 pm
Chanson says...

actually sureal...that's really interesting...i never thought of it that way....like the reason we see things is just because my brain wants to...cool....

but yeah it's like that guy who found a hot cross bun that looked like mother theresa's face and everyone freaked out.

although, i have to say a penis shaped tree sounds bad...poor tree. how unfortunate.
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

Sat May 14, 2005 11:25 pm
Lakija X says...

I'll never look at the horrendously large tree in my yard the same again Sureal. And you had to see it with your own poor uncovered eyes? Poor thing indeed. ^-^

And Aniar, yes I'm from Chi-Town. Actually, I have heard of and been to Hanover Park! Small world huh?

Illini supporters, UNITE! :D (that is... if you support the Illini! ^-^)

Well, seeya later!

-Lakija X

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun May 15, 2005 3:22 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Sureal wrote:That's nothing... I've seen a tree that looks mysteriously like a penis.

*laughs*
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 16, 2005 12:36 pm
Boots_snob says...

Well that's pretty cool...

I seem to see things that aren't really there all the time. I even thought I saw the ghost of my dead dog but it was just one of the dogs next door.

Fri May 27, 2005 8:00 am
tinkerbell_09 says...

My brother can see things. He even told me that he's seeing a ghost in our house.And I believe him. Because I believe in the supernatural.

They say that when a person see things, he has a third eye. But i don't know if it's true.

You heard about the movie called "The Ring"? (Japanese version). It's the best horror movie I've ever seen. It's about a video that when seen by a person, that person will die in 7 days.
Interesting huh? You should see it. But warning for those who are faint-hearted.
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri May 27, 2005 12:42 pm
Sureal says...

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the Ring is ;).

The third eye... lets see now, I know this stuff...

Going from my (very poor) memory, I believe that your thrid eye is located inbetween and then above your two nomal eyes. It probably has something to do with ESP (Extra Sensory Potential), which is where you can see into the astral.

I'm also pretty sure chakras come into it somewhere...

*shrugs*
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:45 am
Kilty says...

Like the doctors in Brazil that see human organs in Michelangelo's paintings. They're just seeing things that aren't (or weren't intended to be) there.

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato