z

Young Writers Society

Teen Girl Beaten; Posted on YouTube

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:57 am
Emerson says...

Warning: There is a video included with this news article with mature content that some viewers may find disturbing.

Eight teenagers in Florida are accused of beating another teen, and key evidence is a video tape posted on YouTube.

Police say the victim was lured to a friend's home where the attack happened. Six girls are accused of beating her while two teenage boys stood outside and kept watch. Police say the video was supposed to make them famous. The girl suffered a concussion and other injuries.

Read More Here, Video to the Right

This makes me so sick. I don't understand people, I can't believe people, and I can't ... I just can't get it through my head how people justify this to themselves. You think we would understand? By now? Oh, of course not. Teenagers are so unbelievable--but adults do this too. I'm in such shock.

And come on. Stupidity? Why on earth do you record and post this on You Tube? This is worse than the kids who post pictures of themselves drinking or smoking pot on face book/myspace...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:00 am
Via says...

I saw this on the news today, ridiculous!

I mean, this is beyond comprehension in and of itself...but if you are going to do this why on earth would you videotape it and then post it on youtube?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:05 am
Emerson says...

I think the two things they did just show how stupid they are. OK, so doing illegal things...yeah, that's not really, really stupid, but nearly killing someone else? Video taping it? Posting it online?

I just really hope they go to prison.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:08 am
Bella says...

Wow....just...wow.

I could never understand why one person would hurt another person physically for anything. I mean, there are days I think or say 'hey, I really wanna knock so-and-so's face in' but I never would.

And even worse is the thought of video taping it for Youtube. Who would want to watch that?!

I'm appauled...
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:08 am
Perra says...

My God, that's horrible. Do they not understand the difference between famous and infamous? Is it all really just power to them? I hope they don't enjoy their "fame". If they do, then they're just sick and twisted (in a bad way). They're already some level of sick.

It's disgusting.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:17 pm
Aedomir says...

That is sick.

Why, just why would you want to do that? They must think thta Madonna got famous by beating people up (actually, that's an interesting thought...). They are not famous, they are infamous.

Honestly.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:29 pm
Alainna says...

Good heavens!

That is horrible. I actually can't believe it! Why, just why? Why do it and why post it on Youtube? And how can you explain any of it to the victims friends and family?

It makes you sick to think what some people will do.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:00 pm
October Girl says...

Gosh what the hell is wrong with people these days? I mean that's just makes me sick to my stomach, how could someone do that to another person? And second why would they record it? That's just.... so cruel. If it was just for kicks. Why? I swear I'll never know.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:02 pm
Kalliope says...

I feel like throwing up at the moment. That is just so awful. This is beyond sick.
I just cannot understand people doing this to another. It could have been them. And videotaping it is just plain disgusting.
Ugh, I don't want to think about this any longer.

Hugs, no hitting.

~Kalliope
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:54 pm
View Likes
Cade says...

We had a discussion in Sociology about this. We agreed that the proliferation of sites like Youtube and Facebook create this idea of everyone getting his/her fifteen minutes of fame, and it often involves doing really stupid stuff. But this is beyond stupid. Apparently one of the girls' mothers said that the victim deserved it because she was allegedly gossiping. Can you believe that?

From what I hear, some of these girls are old enough to be tried as adults, and I hope they are. Unfortunately, says my Sociology teacher, you can't yet be tried for stupidity.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:30 pm
Sureal says...

Evidently they got their fame.

I hope it's everything they thought it would be.
I wrote the above just for you.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:04 am
JFW1415 says...

That's just awful. I don't see how anyone could do that. Six against one? With two more outside? It's pathetic and inhumane.

In an odd way, I'm glad they posted this. If it HAD to happen, at least people know. The girl won't go to school every day with them, waiting for them to do it again. Some parents out there will believe that teens ARE becoming more violent. Maybe it'll build some awareness. I don't it will build much, but maybe a few more kids will be taken seriously next time they tell a teacher that they think someone's going to attack them.

I just want to go to those girls and...and...and...scream at them! Tell them to try fighting by themselves again EIGHT. Urgh!

~JFW1415

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:14 pm
chocoholic says...

This is SICK! How could anybdy do this?

It's like the guys in Werribie who beat and raped a mentally-challenged girl and then sold the DVD at school.

What is going on in the minds of these people?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:19 pm
aestar101 says...

Well they got fame (I hope they are happy)..... in jail! They deserved it. They can say bye to college and a job. Say hello to living in a homeless shelter for the rest of their lives because no one is going to hire them. I can see some girls in my grade doing somthing like that. Its a shame!!!!! That girl lost her hearing and sight. What did she even do to deserve this?! This infurates me! I just heread it on the news. I wan't to cry for this girl. If I had a day to vist them in jail I would tell them how I feel about their types and how much the make me sick to my stomach!
Outragous! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
AE
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 pm
ink_on_fire says...

That's wrong. Something's wrong with our heads...:(

Maybe our youth are being more and more affected by the negativity in this modern world... I'd hate to think of the things that'll will be common-place in just another 10 years. Very scary.
Smile - ur alive

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.
— Bishop Desmond Tutu