z

Young Writers Society

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:10 pm
StellaThomas says...

Lá Fheile Pádraig shona dhiaobh (think that's right!)

Yeah, Happy Paddy's Day!

Did anyone do anything nice? :D... I went to the parade... fun!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:26 pm
Rei says...

Didn't get a chance to go to the parade, but saw the highlights on TV. They also interviewed the owner of a pub who says he expects to see about 2000 pints of Guiness today. Yikes!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:41 pm
Meep says...

I almost had the day off ... St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in Boston, and it's Evacuation Day, which apparently all of the schools get off (but the colleges don't). Boo. :P I think the parade was yesterday, though, in which case I missed it 'cause I was on the bus back from spring break.

(I've got class tonight with a professor who only ever wears black ... I'm curious to see if she'll have any green on!)

I wore green, though!
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:09 pm
GingerLizzy says...

[Did an Irish Jig]

I love the Riverdance. I wanna go see it sometime. It would be super.

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone.

;]
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:16 pm
StellaThomas says...

Meep wrote:I almost had the day off ... St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in Boston, and it's Evacuation Day, which apparently all of the schools get off (but the colleges don't). Boo. :P I think the parade was yesterday, though, in which case I missed it 'cause I was on the bus back from spring break.

(I've got class tonight with a professor who only ever wears black ... I'm curious to see if she'll have any green on!)

I wore green, though!

It's a kind of big deal in Dublin too :D Everybody had the day off...

I went to the parade with an American friend, it was like her first Irish Paddy's Day, and she rang me to ask if we needed to wear green and I was laughing so hard... but I wore a green t-shirt to make her happy... under my hoody and my coat...

Good luck with that professor then!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:29 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all! ;)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:33 pm
Autumn says...

Well I don't really celebrate it buut..

Happy St. Patricks day! =]
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 pm
View Likes
Teague says...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, indeed! :D

I wish I could go to the Flogging Molly concert today. I was going to, but they changed the venue so you have to be 21+ to get in. But I went to the one last night, and I've never felt more proud of my Irish heritage. :D

*does a jig* My ears are still ringing.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:31 pm
JFW1415 says...

Meep wrote:I almost had the day off ... St. Patrick's Day is a big deal in Boston, and it's Evacuation Day, which apparently all of the schools get off (but the colleges don't). Boo. :P I think the parade was yesterday, though, in which case I missed it 'cause I was on the bus back from spring break.

I wore green, though!

I wore green, too, but didn't celebrate even though I'm nearly entirely Irish. :?

Meep: You live really close to me! I'm in southern NH. We don't get today off, though. :( You guys are lucky.

~JFW1415

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:41 pm
Monki says...

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

[It's a big deal for me too. I'm like... 75% Irish. *pokes reddish colored hair and freckles* And EVERYONE notices...]

I DIDN'T wear green today (I live in America). But it didn't matter, because everyone called me a leperchaun (sp?) anyways because of my shortness (and they all know I'm Irish).
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:49 pm
Lindsaroo says...

We're on Spring Break so I got today off.

And I'm totally wearing all green XD I even drew on myself! :)
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:37 pm
StellaThomas says...

Monki wrote:Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

[It's a big deal for me too. I'm like... 75% Irish. *pokes reddish colored hair and freckles* And EVERYONE notices...]

I DIDN'T wear green today (I live in America). But it didn't matter, because everyone called me a leperchaun (sp?) anyways because of my shortness (and they all know I'm Irish).

Weirdly enough, my heritage would say I'm British (half Northern Irish, half English), but myeh, I'm Irish. Says so on my passport :D

Freckles are awesome :D. Except I'm brunette (though I have some pretty awesome Riverdancer ringlets going on)...

Today's the day when everyone's a little bit Irish!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 pm
Monki says...

Stella Thomas wrote:
Weirdly enough, my heritage would say I'm British (half Northern Irish, half English), but myeh, I'm Irish. Says so on my passport :D

Freckles are awesome :D. Except I'm brunette (though I have some pretty awesome Riverdancer ringlets going on)...

Today's the day when everyone's a little bit Irish!

Lol. I'm a brunette too, but I have tinges of red. Hey, have you posted on the 'Post Your Pic [5]' thread? I'd love to see a pic of you. I've posted pics of me there. ;)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:18 am
[deleted1] says...

I applied for a few places looking for a job. :)

-Rick

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:55 am
Adnamarine says...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I did wear green today... eh, who cares:) I only wish I was Irish, all you with your sweet accents:)

I've been blaring Flogging Molly all day. Irish punk rock... doesn't get any better than that:)

Hey, I went to see Riverdance once! I love that show so much; I listen to the music all the time. How come Ireland gets to have such awesome music? I mean, bagpipes, seriously; that's all you gotta say. You guys are just so dang COOL! :D
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau