z

Young Writers Society

Chinese

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu May 05, 2005 2:58 am
Elizabeth says...

ok, I'm half chinese (to my displeasure, probably the hairest asian alive) and I don't know chinese... BUT i can recognize but barely seome symbals and I can't read it at all so I have to end up asking my mom to translate... the question is, who is interesting in chinese, who is chiense... all of that?

here is some of my Chinese "handy work":

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Ez ... prise2.bmp
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Ezuka/surprise.bmp
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Ez ... ertome.bmp
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Ez ... ertome.bmp my name in chinese Elizabeth, that it.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu May 05, 2005 3:07 am
Galatea says...

I love China. I love everything about China. I love the people, the language...everthing. I love Chinese. I studied Mandarin in school, 1 year in 8th grade and all 4 years of school, I also spent a month in China this summer. I like your handwriting, Rose, it's very very cute. If I ever get around to it, I'll post a whole page of text for you.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Random avatar

Thu May 05, 2005 3:13 am
Elizabeth says...

lol that's cool. i went ot china for the chinese new year in... 2000 or soemthing? it was te year of the horse and the parks were decorated so beautifully. i was sad though, i barely talked the whole trip because i coudn't talk chinese.

i remember i asked my mom if her older brother spoke english and she said no then he said
"i do speak english!"
everybody started laughing but that was honestly the only thing he said the entire month. it was funny.

i wrote what you saw with the paint system and my handwrititng is even worse so i'll see if i can scan a page of text on paper or something... dad dont' want me to know how to use the scanner but I will find out soon enough :twisted:

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu May 05, 2005 11:52 am
Boots_snob says...

Well looks like i'm not alone. I am part Chinese on my Mums side. We always have Chinese New Year at my nana's place and most of the family is there. I couldn't go this year but 'cause i got into boarding school. I have a Chinese name too!! It's Wei-lun which means "Beautiful Flower at the Gates of Heaven", which I am. :lol:

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu May 05, 2005 7:27 pm
Emma says...

I love China, its amazing. Never been there though. The names of people are sooo cool and the way the right and the way they look. I was talking to my mum the other day, and we were talking about like nearly every chinese person we have seen is good looking. They are soooo lucky! :P

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu May 05, 2005 11:49 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Ooh, China is so cool. One of my favourite civilaziations ever. Well, now that I think about it, it is my favourite civilization. I mean, China was like the mother to all new civilization.

They invented a pretty good democray, but the Greeks made it way better, though. They invented a good coin system. They formed copper, steel, iron, and many other metals. And...they built the Great Wall. I want to go to China so bad, but with all the communist problems they are having, it might not be such a good idea yet. And Chinese people are very nice, well, not to stereotype, but all the Chinese people I have known are very nice.

And I agree, Emma, Chinese people are very beautiful.

TBR, your handwriting is great, and its very cool that you can write Chinese. I want to write Chinese too. When did you learn?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri May 06, 2005 7:37 am
uniaeca says...

I've Chinese heritage which is about...... 4 generations back? Or was it five? I can't remember and the only names I remember are Ho Foo, and Ho Chee. I'd drag out the good old family history book and tell you all about them but I really can't be bothered running all the way up to boarding at the moment.

WEI-LUN!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 06, 2005 7:50 am
Boots_snob says...

Ahhh... Suilad mellon nin... I almost forgot that I also go to the cemetry once a year and we give tribute to our anciesters (sorry can't spell)

---Sticks tongue out at Uniaeca---

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri May 06, 2005 10:20 pm
-KayJuran- says...

umm i have japanese relatives but i guess that doesnt count... :P

Random avatar

Fri May 06, 2005 10:29 pm
Elizabeth says...

I didn't learn, i just copy random chinese things. I was born in Kaiping... which is in Gungzhou... in Canton, in the south near Hong Kong. You need a VISA to get to China, money money money!!!! Of course I don't know if it's easier to have members of a family in China for them to support you for a visitors VISA or what. I don't know how any of it works.

All I know is that there is a big hole in the great wall and i literally would have killed to have it repaired.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat May 07, 2005 7:34 am
Elelel says...

I am the most European Australian in existance ... but my dad worships Chinese cookery so we live off Chinese food. We used to know a family from Hong Kong (is that Chinese? Honestly, I have no idea why I keep getting A+'s in Geography...), I grew up around their daughter who was a year older than me, but then the parents divorced and moved away ...
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat May 07, 2005 2:54 pm
little x soldier says...

yep I'm a Chinese.. but a very strange one... I am one but I don't live like a real one. You know, mixing culture..
I don't get along with them that well. ( over here )
I like every art of China and especially the antique of China. Stories, Legends from the Old China. (‘Old China’? hum I think I forgot the name…)
I learned to talk Cantonese but write.. just my name and I do recognize some other words.
My name means ‘Little Jade’
yup that's all

xxx Xia xxx
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling