z

Young Writers Society

Question About Reviews

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 pm
JFW1415 says...

All right, I'm not sure if this should go here, but I couldn't find any other place...feel free to move! :P

So, when I review something here, I copy and paste it into Word and use track changes and comments (because I'm weird. :P) Am I allowed to just post the file I did this in, instead of having to alter my critique and quote a bunch when I transfer it? It takes SO long to add all of the quotes and bolds.

I've only seen this done in Adavanced Critiques, so I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Please answer me soon!

~JFW1415

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:16 pm
Sureal says...

People aren't fond of downloading files - there's always the chance it contains a virus or something. Also, it's annoying. ^_^

You could always do what I do - just write in the BB coding as you write the review in Word, rather than adding it all in afterwards.
I wrote the above just for you.

438 Reviews

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 pm
JFW1415 says...

Urgh; that's so annoying. :( Oh, well, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. It just takes so much longer...

~JFW1415

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:22 pm
Nate says...

It's definitely allowed, but as Sureal said, some people are wary of downloading any files.

If you have a scanner, you can do what Cal does, which is really cool:
post317937.html?highlight=#317937

Another solution is to upload it into Google Docs and make it publicly available.

But, it is allowed. Just keep in mind that some people won't download it. Also, if you are using the latest version of Word, make sure you save it in .doc format rather than .docx format.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

You could always save the stuff as a image file, then upload it (similar to cal, cept without the printing and scanning). I'm not sure if this is possible, since I haven't tried, but I think you can do it with paint. =P Or screen capture.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

438 Reviews

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:02 pm
JFW1415 says...

Oh; that's a neat idea. :P I'm stealing from Cal! 8) Unless she minds... :P

Can anyone explain to me how to upload multiple pictures onto one post, though? I've only ever been able to do one. Or direct me to a post on this?

Thanks everyone!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:05 pm
Nate says...

You can either use the "Add an Attachment" option when you click the post reply button, or you can upload them to a place like imageshack. When you do the latter, just put img tags around it, like this:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/images/yws_sword.gif[/img]

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 pm
Sureal says...

Easiest way:

- Make an account on www.photobucket.com (it's free),
- Upload the images to photobucket,
- Use the tags to post the image on the forum.
I wrote the above just for you.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:07 pm
Crysi says...

The way to put multiple pictures in a post is to sign up with a free image hosting site (I use photobucket.com) and upload your pictures there. They actually will help you with the coding, too. Once you've uploaded the pic on the site, if you're using photobucket, beneath the picture you'll see four different codes. The very bottom one, the "IMG Code," is the one you want, so click on it. It'll automatically copy the link and the code, so all you have to do is paste it into your post!

Hope that helps. PM me if you need any help with that part of it. :)
Love and Light

438 Reviews

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:34 pm
JFW1415 says...

Thanks, everyone!

I'll start doing that. :P

EDIT: Aww. I just tried it, and it works, but it only gets me 30 points for a review that would normally get me 50. :(

Ah, well. It means I can review quicker, so I'll get more in the long run.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson