z

Young Writers Society

American Idol

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:07 am
BigBadBear says...

American Idol has been especially great this year. The contestants are excellent, and they really rock.

So, this is to list your favorite contestant, to find out who was booted, and just to... talk!

David Archileto (sp?) is my favorite. 17, lives in Utah *yay* and is a great singer! I know that he will be the next American Idol.

Brooke is incredible also. Yeah... my dad likes her.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:18 pm
Adnamarine says...

Actually I thought that this year pretty much SUCKS. I haven't really been watching it this year, because I can't bring myself to care about anybody in the competition. I only ever consistently watched it with completely interest (more like addiction) last year. Bshorty's awesome.
I was ready to be all exciteda about that kid named Josiah Leming, but then they kicked him off! He was amazing. And he's really talented too. He write a lot of music of his own. If you look him up on youtube there are a bunch of videos of him playing the piano and singing songs he wrote.
But I didn't intend to spend this all talking about him.
So anyway, I suppose I'm not the most reliable source for how good AI is this year, but based on what I have seen, I don't really like anybody in the competition anymore.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:03 am
Firestar says...

We watch for the commercials on Wednesday, and occasionally for the singing.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:07 am
Via says...

When I watch it...I like Jason and Brooke for male and female top. I also like David A...but I like Jason and Brooke better.

The rock and roll nurse is really pretty fun, though!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:02 am
BigBadBear says...

The rock and roll nurse is really pretty fun, though!

Yeah, Amanda is, but she gets so old. Every single week she does the same kind of rock and roll over and over and over again. Like today. Simon finally told her to do something else, and I agreed with him 100%.

Jason... is he the hippy dude with the dreds? XD

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:54 am
casey_kent says...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH! I LOVE DAVID ARCHULETA! HE IS SOOOOO CUTE!! AND BROOKE WHITE! SHE'S LIKE ALANIS MORSETTE!
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:34 am
keirab says...

David Cook all the way, baby, all the way. :D

I loooove Michael Johns, too. He's so awesome and Australian. *squeals girlishly*
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:53 am
Wiggy says...

I heart David A!!! ZOMG, he has the most BEAUTIFUL, heartfelt voice, and he's definitely making it to top 3 at least. After last week's performances, I'm really rooting for Michael Johns (though I've liked him since the first time I saw him), and I'm quite impressed by David Cook, though he can be a bit cocky. Brooke has a beautiful voice, and she's prolly the best out of the girls. I'm not too impressed with the girls this year, though. I really liked Alexandrea Lushington and Asia'h Efferson, who got kicked off from Top 24. Asia'h should have definitely made it. :( But the guys are rockin' this year, except for Jason. He just BUGS ME!!!! *spurts flames*
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 am
Gadi. says...

What the heck? David Archuleta is so mainstream, it disgusts me. Yes, he's good, but I will be forever disappointed by AI's predictability if he wins. Everyone loves him, and true--there's so much talent on the show--that he's only 1/9th of it. I liked Amanda Overmyer a lot, but since she's been gone, I like David Cook, the guy who san If I Fell, and the blond Piano Gal. (Sorry, names=escape me.)
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:45 am
Dream Deep says...

I second David Cook and "blonde piano gal" / Brooke White. ^_^

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 am
casey_kent says...

I also love David Cook. Man, he rocks.
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:53 am
chocoholic says...

They're showing a series on FOX8, but I don't know if it's the one they're showing in AMerica now.

There's some guy from Australia in it, that's all I know, I hdon't watch it. s it the same series?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:32 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

I love Brooke! (That's my name too :D ) David A. is boring me :smt015 . He is so predictable. Micheal Johns is hot! I love his accent. Sexy. Ooh I love Curly too!
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:01 am
triggerfingerxx says...

Danny Noriega FTW!!
Whaa???

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:53 am
thunder_dude7 says...

I have a sever dislike for Brooke White. She RUINED an awesome song ("Love is a Battlefield").

My favorite has been hard to keep liking, after her struggles to stay on the show. But this past week, she finally picked a song that worked for her, and broke her bottom three curse. Kristy Lee Cook is the only one who sings music that I actually like.

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon