z

Young Writers Society

Chinese man burnt alive for "not washing feet"

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 pm
deleted6 says...

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese bride burnt her new husband to death after he got into bed after a drunken argument without washing his feet, state media reported on Wednesday.

"Wang and his wife, Luo, were married on February 2. The couple, however, frequently fought over trivial things while still on their honeymoon," the official Xinhua news agency quoted a local newspaper as saying.

The couple, from the central province of Hubei, had another fight on the night of March 4, "and in frustration they together drank a bottle of liquor to ease their anger".

"At about 10 p.m., Luo watched her husband get into bed without cleaning or washing his feet. In a fit of anger and intoxication, she set fire to the sheet he was sleeping in," the report said.

"When he awoke, the two began fighting before a very drunk Wang collapsed. As fire engulfed the bedroom. Luo escaped to the living room, leaving her other half to burn," it added.

The woman has been arrested, Xinhua said.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorn... yeh... talk about blowing something out of proportion... O_O
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:59 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Why does it bot suprise me you are the one presenting such a troubling bit of news? =P

Very sad. I wonder why they married with such issues.

(lol, drank a bottle together to ease their anger. first time I heard of that cure)
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed May 21, 2008 3:03 pm
panic at the rodeo says...

That's kinda funny, but she WAS blowing things out of proportion... [just a lilttle right? :D ] that's great... where do you guys find news like this???
Live life the right way:
JUMP IN MUD PUDDLES!!!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun May 25, 2008 8:47 pm
Thriving Fire says...

Hmm... I'm confused as to how a drunk man being burned alive by his drunk wife can be in any way funny... Oh, wait now I get it.

Anyway, it's terrible. I don't know much about living conditions in China, but it sounds to me like yet another sympton of yet another frustrated, angry culture. That and the most voltile of relationships, obviously.

And yeah, whoever said they 'drank a bottle of liquor to ease their anger' should burnt alive themselves... After getting supremely drunk, that is.
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun May 25, 2008 11:28 pm
Parasky says...

I've seen worse things. Like this (WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH DO NOT CLICK THE LINK, THIS IS NOT A JOKE). Then again, the world is a cruel and sick place; the human world anyways. That's still blowing things our of proportion though. And what kind of person thinks that drinking will rid themselves of anger?
Ignorant words are worthless words. And those worthless words that are spoken shall not be heard.

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Mon May 26, 2008 4:11 am
BrokenSword says...

Parasky wrote:I've seen worse things. Like this (WARNING: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH DO NOT CLICK THE LINK, THIS IS NOT A JOKE). Then again, the world is a cruel and sick place; the human world anyways. That's still blowing things our of proportion though. And what kind of person thinks that drinking will rid themselves of anger?

Actually, I believe this is an urban legend, according to Snopes.com.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/fetus.asp

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor