z

Young Writers Society

French mayor tells locals not to die O_O

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:18 am
deleted6 says...

BORDEAUX, France (Reuters) - The mayor of a village in southwest France has threatened residents with severe punishment if they die, because there is no room left in the overcrowded cemetery to bury them.

More Here

This is insane!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

How can he expect to punish them if they're dead... O_o
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:15 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

I think this is sad. It means people can't be buried with their families because there's no room. I'm sure by punishment he meant something along the lines of : 'If you die here, we refuse to bury you' or something. You can't punish the dead, unless you're talking about their souls (it is a church cemetery, no?). Or maybe he meant the families? Hope not. =P
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:20 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Solution: Cremation.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 pm
Gahks says...

Yes, I agree that it's probably the best solution, but cremation might not be what people want. It's a sad state of affairs.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm
Nate says...

Two Words: It's France!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:56 pm
Emerson says...

Two Words: It's France!

D'accord!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:02 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Nate wrote:Two Words: It's France!

Lollish!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus