z

Young Writers Society

Purty picture...

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:50 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Anyone else noticed the cool new picture slide show on the homepage? It's so purty - the picture changes every time you click the arrow. Quite mesmerising.

I'm a-thinking there's a correlation between the genre of the story and the picture. *feels clever* :P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:48 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

It is pretty! But sometimes it just keeps showing me the same picture/story and I don't get to see the others! >_>

I like the little castle one best, and the mountains! XD
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 pm
Nate says...

There were some problems with it before, but it's all working now! The slideshow displays the top 5 stories by gold stars over the past week. The coding is from:

http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/

Like Kaz said, the pictures relate to the genres. For some, it works really well. For others... not so well. Eventually there'll be a way for users to associate a picture with their work.

Unfortunately, though, none of my favorite pics are showing! My favorite one (historical fiction) is below:
Attachments
61.jpg
61.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 189 times

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:58 pm
Twit says...

I saw my thingiebobbie up there! :shock:

... Only once, though. :wink:

Very cool wotsit.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown