z

Young Writers Society

Beltane

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:58 am
Galatea says...

Beltane is approaching!! Sunday is May Day, one of my FAVORITE Wiccan holidays...here's what we do to celebrate!

Also known as May Eve, May Day, and Walpurgis Night, happens at the beginning of May. It celebrates the height of Spring and the flowering of life. The Goddess manifests as the May Queen and Flora. The God emerges as the May King and Jack in the Green. The danced Maypole represents Their unity, with the pole itself being the God and the ribbons that encompass it, the Goddess. Colors are the Rainbow spectrum. Beltane is a festival of flowers, fertility, sensuality, and delight.

Prepare a May basket by filling it with flowers and goodwill and then give it to someone in need of healing and caring, such as a shut-in or elderly friend. Form a wreath of freshly picked flowers, wear it in your hair, and feel yourself radiating joy and beauty. Dress in bright colors. Dance the Maypole and feel yourself balancing the Divine Female and Male within. On May Eve, bless your garden in the old way by making love with your lover in it. Make a wish as you jump a bonfire or candle flame for good luck. Welcome in the May at dawn with singing and dancing.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:53 pm
Rei says...

You know, it wouldn't surprize me if you and I are the only ones in this group who know anything about Beltane.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:59 pm
Firestarter says...

Well, maybe, Reichieru, rather than attempting to give you a sense of superiority or something, she was trying to inform other people about it.

Anyway, it sounds cool. I'll probably end up playing D&D on Monday *rolls eyes*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:39 pm
hekategirl says...

*raises hand* I know what it is :D I celebrate it.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:41 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Galatea wrote:Beltane is approaching!! Sunday is May Day, one of my FAVORITE Wiccan holidays...here's what we do to celebrate!

Also known as May Eve, May Day, and Walpurgis Night, happens at the beginning of May. It celebrates the height of Spring and the flowering of life. The Goddess manifests as the May Queen and Flora. The God emerges as the May King and Jack in the Green. The danced Maypole represents Their unity, with the pole itself being the God and the ribbons that encompass it, the Goddess. Colors are the Rainbow spectrum. Beltane is a festival of flowers, fertility, sensuality, and delight.

Prepare a May basket by filling it with flowers and goodwill and then give it to someone in need of healing and caring, such as a shut-in or elderly friend. Form a wreath of freshly picked flowers, wear it in your hair, and feel yourself radiating joy and beauty. Dress in bright colors. Dance the Maypole and feel yourself balancing the Divine Female and Male within. On May Eve, bless your garden in the old way by making love with your lover in it. Make a wish as you jump a bonfire or candle flame for good luck. Welcome in the May at dawn with singing and dancing.

Oh yeah its coming up. I forgot because I have so much going on. Gonna celebrate it.I'm pagan
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

128 Reviews

Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:29 pm
Galatea says...

Yeah, Firestarter is right. Not a lot of people understand Wicca, and I'm always trying to educate my peers about my religion. I like to make Wicca and Paganism as non-threatening as possible. Most people have a warped sense of what it means to be a Child of the Goddess, and I try to alleviate that concern by sharing myself openly with others.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:32 pm
Firestarter says...

I've always been interested in paganism, since Britain was so before Christianity came over, but I know nothing about it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:11 pm
Zion says...

Sounds cool Gal! Much like the celevrations around here :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

128 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:23 am
Galatea says...

I think it will be so much fun! I love welcoming Spring. I'm a pure blooded Earth elemental, so I feel like I come to life during Spring and Summer months.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:12 am
Chanson says...

you know, in ireland i always have Beltane marked on the calendar but in america i havent found any (commercial) ones with it marked on.

it's a very cool celebration, i know a lot of people back in ireland who celebrate it. i know ireland is meant to be like crazy catholics everywhere, but a lot of people i know are wiccan. and even people who aren't celebrate it. it's coz us irish are so cool (!).

it's weird because i am not wiccan, or religious at all, but that is one thing i have always celebrated.

anyway, i'm happy that you're excited. i hope you have a greatgreatgreat day.

plus may=best month ever (it's my birthday soon :) )

128 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:24 am
Galatea says...

It's a pagan holiday, likely begun by the Druids, which would explain it as a long-standing tradition in Ireland.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:32 am
Chanson says...

yeah, i figured as much.....oh god i miss ireland so much.

woo, ok. breathe. :)

so you know, you said you're a pure blooded Earth elemental. what does that mean exactly?

128 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:03 am
Galatea says...

everyone's personalities are effected by which element they relate to the most. the vast majority of folks are mixed, 2 sometimes 3 elements. Like fire with air tendencies. When it comes to elementals, I'm pretty rare. I exhibit all traits of earth elements, and no traits of other elements.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:34 pm
uniaeca says...

I know about Beltane!!!
I'm celebrating it! Quietly though...
Why does it have to be within the school term?
I can't wait to celebrate though.
Sporks!! and Waffles!! Ohhhh that waffley goodness stabbed with a spork!

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:35 pm
hekategirl says...

Galatea wrote:everyone's personalities are effected by which element they relate to the most. the vast majority of folks are mixed, 2 sometimes 3 elements. Like fire with air tendencies. When it comes to elementals, I'm pretty rare. I exhibit all traits of earth elements, and no traits of other elements.

How do you know that you are have earth traits? this sounds very intresting.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren