z

Young Writers Society

Gracie

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:05 am
Via says...

I don't think many people saw this movie, but I just rented it and watched it!

I actually auditioned for this movie over two years ago, I was a finalist but seeing has I have a lack of any acting experience ... ever ... I was not chosen haha. It's a pretty good movie...about soccer and such so why wouldn't it be? :) But no, it really is pretty good. It's not an earth-shattering, life-changing kind of movie but it's still pretty good.

Anyone else seen it?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 pm
Areida says...

I really liked it. Gracie was cool. She wasn't a superhuman, but she worked her butt off, and I completely respect that. It was an especially good movie for me to see as I was working on getting in shape for West Point (and still am, incidentally :P). I didn't think it was sappy either. It was surprisingly realistic, in fact. So yeah, I liked it.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:01 am
Via says...

It actually almost is a real story. It's about the Shue family! :) Gracie is Elizabeth Shue, Johnny is Will Shue that died, and then the two brothers and the whole family played soccer!

Thank you, special features! :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero