z

Young Writers Society

Past Lives

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:35 am
Galatea says...

For those of you who believe: Has anyone here had any memories from their past lives? Bits and pieces? Whole past existences? Random deja vu? I'm curious to see what people here have experienced.

I remember bits and pieces of two of my past existences. The earlier one I recalled on my own, and my last life I recalled through past life regression, or hypnosis. I'll relate them to y'all later on the thread, but first I want to hear what you have to say.

Go.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:45 am
ohhewwo says...

I'm not sure that I remember any of my past lives, if I've had any. But I had many recurring and vivid dreams as a kid. Many were surreal and incredibly, indescribably terrifying.

But I do believe in reincarnation and karma.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:47 am
hekategirl says...

I get random deja vu ALL THE TIME. But not neccisarily of past lives. Like, i'll look over at a poster in my room, and remember doing the exact same thing, thinking that exact same thing, everything exactly the same, as in a dream I had . Like i'll imdeitly remeber the dream and that thats what I was doing. I don't think thats what your talking about though, its more of a psyhic thing.
My younger sister does have past live regonition though, she's always telling us about stuff that she saw in a dream that she think was in a past life. And stuff before she was born, like when she was in the womb but not born.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:53 am
ohhewwo says...

The weird thing about my deja vu is that it happens after the event I remember already happening. I'll be like, "Wait, I remember seeing that one scene in that movie before last night." I know you're thinkinh "Well duh! It's already happened, stupid!" But it feels so real and so weird.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:57 am
Shadow Knight says...

I get deja vu quite frequently, I've had premonitions in the form of dreams. I wouldn't say any of it is related to a past life. I'm not sure if I believe in that sort of thing or not.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:30 am
Incandescence says...

I don't care if I existed in a past life. There's nothing I can do alter it, and there's nothing I can do that will somehow alter my relative success or failure in current society. The only reason to even care about a past life is if you care about death, which I do not.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:09 am
niteowl says...

I've had plenty of deja vu stuff, but there's no way I could claim it's evidence of past lives. It's mainly like when I'm reading a book I've never read before and I recall reading the exact same page in the exact same position before. But most of these books were published in my lifetime, so I guess that rules out past lives...

My mom once went to see a psychic. She said my mom was a strict German schoolteacher in a past life. And my dad believes he was a German WWII soldier in a past life because a)when he went to Germany and saw the wall with the names of people who died, that name stuck out at him and b)he died in a submarine, and my dad doesn't like water.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:57 am
Zion says...

I have loads of deja vus all the time. but i dont know, past lives? hadly thatsot of a experience. But this might sound weird, but maybe ive been some western europian guy in the past. Ive known vari0ous parts of england even thogh i havent heard them before, I speak with a fluent english accent.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:33 pm
uniaeca says...

I get deja vu pretty much a lot. It seems to happen more on the holidays though.
You can learn from your past lives, Incandescence, that's why they're important.

I have a friend who says she was a witch burned at the stake in a past life but she's a bit of a fluffy bunny. No past life occurences for me though.
Sporks!! and Waffles!! Ohhhh that waffley goodness stabbed with a spork!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:50 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

In the dream once i saw my mom explaining to me about this story she heard on the news and the same thing that I saw in my dream happended a couple days later. Then I told her that she had already told me about,and she gave me a really really weird look and told me that story happended that day. I also seem to remember also this stuff in history that I didn't know that I kenw. Like I had never acuired them by watching tv or something.Its really really weird.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:33 pm
Sam says...

Deja vĂ¹, definitely. Past lives? No.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:24 pm
hekategirl says...

ohhewwo wrote:The weird thing about my deja vu is that it happens after the event I remember already happening. I'll be like, "Wait, I remember seeing that one scene in that movie before last night." I know you're thinkinh "Well duh! It's already happened, stupid!" But it feels so real and so weird.

I know exactly what your saying!!!!! It happens to me all the time! just didn't know how to explain it.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:24 am
Sam says...

Yeah, like I'll see a word written on a box or something and remember seeing that box and using whatever is (or isn't) in the box...even if, before that point, I never used that.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:04 am
uniaeca says...

I'm kind of like that. Once I was at a hotel and I was walking up the stairs for the first time while talking to my sister and then I thought that the exact same thing had happened before. Usually deja vu happens to me in conversations.
Sporks!! and Waffles!! Ohhhh that waffley goodness stabbed with a spork!

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:51 pm
Tessitore says...

Deja vu is part of everyone's life, I think, and I don't want to make more out of mine then should be since I don't want to look like a fool.

I don't really believe in reincarnation (except in special cases) or past lives. Not really. Sure, it's possible, but... isn't everything?

Dreams, strange feelings... that sort of thing, I don't know... I just couldn't SAY it was a past life because it would sound so ridiculous. And I'd be lying to myself.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom