Young Writers Society

Google Map to Area 51!!!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:33 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=area+51&l ... &t=k&hl=en

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

=D> :elephant: :lol: =D> :elephant: :lol: :lol: =D> :elephant: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :elephant: :elephant: \:D/ =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:38 pm
Armadian says...

That is amazing and creepy at the same time
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:59 pm
Lollipop says...

What's Area 51?

~Lollipop~
Way hay!!!!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:46 pm
Bobo says...

It's some mysterious government facility in America. There are tons of wild theories out there about what it's for. Some people think it's for alien research, some for testing government aircraft. In any case, it's pretty much impermeable (sp?) and the government gets really mad at peepers.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:50 pm
Lollipop says...

Thanks for telling me Bobo! I don't know much about America.
Anyway, it's quite creepy. Hee Hee!

~Lollipop~
Way hay!!!!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:52 pm
Firestarter says...

Haha, that's just great!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:12 pm
Nai says...

::looking at an area in Britain::

muahahaha I see you Jack...
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:26 pm
hekategirl says...

HAHA! that is funny.

67 Reviews

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:27 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

50 years ago, an alien space craft supposedly (meaning it probably didnt ever exist) crash landed near roswell new mexico. The remains of the supposed space craft were supposedly taken to Area 51, a top secret government testing facility.

The facility doesn't officially exist. The US government has conflicting stories about the facility. At one point the existance of the facility was admited, but then, a few years later Clinton said it never existed.

The facility is most likely an aircraft research labratory, used for designing and testing new aircraft. Which would explain the especially long runway (almost a mile longer than any plane has ever needed) and the location of the base. (in the mountains, in the middle of a desert wildlife preserve, away from civilization. Allowing for secrecy and 0 civilian casualties in the event of a crash. The facility was erected during the cold war, which would account for the top secrecy, as many of the spy planes used during the cold war were developed under top secrecy to keep any information about them out of the hands of the soviets.

There is a certain novelty in believing that the facility is used to house aliens. In part, the myth stems from the unusualy high number of unidentified air craft spoted in the area. But again, it is simply for new united states aircraft.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

43 Reviews

Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:58 pm
Nai says...

That's awesome, it had an aerial view of my house! I posted it, but decided to delete it... don't want to advertise my exact location
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:01 am
Incandescence says...

"There is a certain novelty in believing that the facility is used to house aliens. In part, the myth stems from the unusualy high number of unidentified air craft spoted in the area. But again, it is simply for new united states aircraft."

People are so gullible for sentimentality over reality.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

43 Reviews

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:04 am
Nai says...

Wait!!! Nevermind!!!

Here is my house: zoom in all the way... the group of the 5 houses to the south a little, the middle one is my house!

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.98989 ... &t=k&hl=en

See? Now that way no random people on the internet know my address!
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

67 Reviews

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:52 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Though, yanno, if i really wanted, i could find your house without much trouble. not that i care, or theres anyone that does... but it wouldnt be that hard.

This is my campus:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.92600 ... &t=k&hl=en

yay.

Theres a cluster of some larger buildings in the lower right hand corner thats the main campus area, then theres some larger buildings a little north of center, thats it... you can see most of the sports field and all of the buildings, along with lots of houses and whatnot. yay.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:50 am
Nate says...

I think it's funny that they blur out the US Capitol Building in DC but not Area 51, lol

terraserver.microsoft.com is a bit better, in some cases, if you want a satellite photo of your neighborhood. I was able to zoom into my house so that I could make out the car in the driveway and the two in front of it (I must've been home when the photo was taken because one of the cars is mine). I was even able to pull up a satellite photo of my college and of where I used to live so many years ago in Connecticut, both of which couldn't do with google. The latter was really cool to see because the satelitte photo was taken when my family was still living there.

Just to give people an idea of how close-up I got...

The house in the middle of the picture is mine. The car (Chevy Tahoe) in the driveway is my parent's, the bigger car out front is my brother's (Chevy Suburban), and the smaller car (Chevy Lumina) out front was mine (it broke down a couple years ago so I bought a Chevy Blazer instead). Recognize a trend with the Chevy's? It's honestly just a coincidence.

By the way, the yard really does not look as ugly as that!

43 Reviews

Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:55 pm
Nai says...

Qi, are you calling people "yanno", or is that some kind of internet word for "you know"?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl