z

Young Writers Society

Favorite TV shows

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:17 am
WinterGrimm says...

I've just started watching Veronica Mars for the first time and I'm loving it. I was wondering if anyone else likes the show. I'm also adicted to Lost, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, Megas XLR, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi.
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:30 am
Nate says...

I'm addicted to cartoons and CNN. My favorite shows are probably Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, Spongebob, Andersoon Cooper, Paula Zhan, Hannity and Colmes, Neil Cavuto, and general news. Although my favorite show right now is My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss... I laugh the entire time :)

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:47 am
Perra says...

Darnit!! I was gonna make a thread for this!! Phooey!!! :evil:

Anyway, now that I've shed tears for the milk spread across the desk( :xmas_wink: ), I shall tell you what shows I watch!
I don't watch much TV. Ok, I kinda do, but I don't have many favorite shows, currently. My top two are most certainly Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. No contest. Best written shows I've ever seen. Joss Wheden with his team of writers/directors/producers is a genius. Without them, he's still a genius. He was also one of the two writers for Toy Story(that explains Sid for me :xmas_wink: :mrgreen: ), among a few other movies. Anyway, now that I'm done with that rant :mrgreen: , more of the shows I watch! Well, there's Teen Titans, and I try to watch Charmed. I watch Jimmy Neutron and sometimes Spongebob on Nick, along with the Fairly Odd Parents. :mrgreen: Well, that's all I can think of right now....
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

44 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:34 am
WinterGrimm says...

Perra you should try watching Veronica Mars. The writing is really good. Its simillar to Buffy and Angel style dialog. I was really impressed with it tonight. Its on Teusdays on UPN at like 9/8 central I believe. But its also awesome to find other cartoon watchers here. :lol:
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:57 am
Tessitore says...

Teen Titans, Myth Busters, American Chopper, Justice League (both seasons... or whatever), Futurama, Inuyasha, Family Guy, Iron Chef, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, Unwrapped, Great Hotels (don't hurt me, I can't help myself, I want this woman's job), South Park, Drawn Together, Chappele Show, Everwood and most anything that's on TCM... though I suppose that would be movies, eh?

Generally, actually, I don't watch much television. Perhaps... five hours a week. I gave up on SmallVille. Too cliche. There's some other show I watch on the WB, but I can't remember what it is...

but, basically, Discovery Channel, WB, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, TCM and Travel Channel... with a splash here and there of Spike and Food Network...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:21 am
Elelel says...

Iron chef! That is so funny! I can't beleive it is supposed to be taken seriously! :lol: I don't watch it often though. Really the only show I consistantly watch is The Simpsons.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:12 pm
Tessitore says...

Heh. Iron Chef indeed can be funny. Especially when the camera guys are knocked into by the Chef's and everyone starts yelling...

But I like the Iron Chef French best... he cooks the best food, I must say. I'm a picky eater, but I'd eat ANYTHING he put in front of me... anything.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:17 pm
Firestarter says...

I love Stargate SG-1, Enterprise, Spooks, and of course, The Simpsons.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

87 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:28 pm
Perra says...

WinterGrimm wrote:Perra you should try watching Veronica Mars. The writing is really good. Its simillar to Buffy and Angel style dialog. I was really impressed with it tonight. Its on Teusdays on UPN at like 9/8 central I believe. But its also awesome to find other cartoon watchers here. :lol:

Hmmm, I shall check it out!

That Great Hotels show is pretty cool. :xmas_cool: I've watched some Iron Chef. Nothing has really stiked me as funny. But seeing some of those dishes makes me hungry.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:54 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Hmm, I have never heard of Veronica Mars.

Well, my favorite comedy or cartoon shows now are:

1. The Simpsons
2. Family Guy
3. That 70's Show
4. Spongebob Squarepants
5. And last but not least: MONTY PYTHON!

"Educational" or documentary shows:
1. The Most Extreme
2. Mythbusters
3. Ripley's Believe It Or Not
4. The Future Is Wild
5. Taboo (the National Geographic show, not the game show)

Drama shows:
1. Lost
2. CSI
3. E.R
4. Law and Order
5. Law and Order: SVU

Reality shows:
1. Survivor (although its getting old)
2. Fear Factor
3. The Real Gilligan's Island
4. Dog Eat Dog (old show)
5. The Amazing Race
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

87 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:35 am
Perra says...

Oh! I forgot a good show! The West Wing! Ok, I think that's it...

Need a Critique?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:44 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I have watched that show. Although it won a lot of Emmys, I never like it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:04 am
faith says...

1. CSI
2. Without A Trace
3. House
4. the Simpsons
5. CSI: NewYork
6: CSI: Miami
7. Cold Case
8. Law and Order
9. Lost
10. er i cant think of one..i dont watch that much tv. can you tell i like forensics shows?

for shows that arent on anymore, except in syndication:

The X-files
Buffy
Angel

44 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:02 am
WinterGrimm says...

And I'm forgetting a few shows too
I also like...
The Simpsons
Drawn Together
Malcolm in the Middle
and Arrested Development (the most underrated show EVER! And by that I mean underwatched. I mean it got like 9 emmys but was one of the lower rated shows on television.)
Last edited by WinterGrimm on Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

87 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:14 am
Perra says...

I forgot yet another show, The Actor's Studio. Pretty cool to watch those interviews.

Need a Critique?

Bananas
— looseleaf