z

Young Writers Society

What career do you want to advance in?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:42 am
legondre says...

What career are you guys aiming for? I am very curious....I've wanted to be a Forensic Scientist since I was 12, and am currently taking every science class I can get my hands on. When I was younger, I wanted to be in SWAT...seriously.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:58 am
Incandescence says...

Philosophy, politics, and physics.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:00 am
DarkerSarah says...

I don't know what I want to do with my life.

Maybe open a bed and breakfast.

Maybe be a photographer.

Maybe be an entrepreneur.

Maybe an architect.

*shrugs*

This is very sad on my part because I'm going into college this fall.

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:23 am
Meshugenah says...

What I want to do is write, or edit, or do one as a job and the other on the side... in reality (aka what I can probably get into) would be (or not...), eh... *thinks* some sort of englsih field, or even a scienfitic one, sports agent/scout/anything to do with the giants would be so much fun (as long as it's baseball :D), music of some kind, from freelance to director.. what can one do with language other than interperter? eh.. yes, the list is long, and luckily i still have some time to narrow this down.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:34 am
Bobo says...

What I really want to do is write novels... sorta. I also am interested in Computer Animation, which is probably what I'll be doing in college as a major or something. I really don't know. I just wanna be a millionaire lol

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:18 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

I'm looking into Psycho-analasys- yanno, those guys that chew on pencils and doodle on a notepad while some pathetic sap complains about her husbands tropical fish. "not all tropical fish, harry's tropical fish!' yadda yadda yadda "road signs, he reads every single road sign. Slippery when wet dolly! Deer crossing Dolly! ACF meeting at noon Dolly! where is it dolly!' WHO GIVES A GOOD GOD DAMN?!" blah blah blah. I'm also a religion major... dont know what i'll do with it.

PS:
yeeeeeeaaahhh thats only funny to those of us with an extensive monologue referance desk in our heads... or someone who saw it preformed not to long ago.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:36 am
Snoink says...

I'm starting up a publishing company. ^______________^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:10 am
hi-mi-tsu says...

Well...I've wanted to be a pediatrician since I was about nine years old. I love kids and I hate seeing people in pain...besides, pediatricians are becoming scarce nowadays due to the intense malpractice insurance. So yeah. But I really love writing...so maybe I'll do that in college, perhaps doubleminor in writing and music, since I love to sing too.
I'm pretty much interested in everything XD
"I am in a duel to the death with this wallpaper! One of us has to go!"~Oscar Wilde, right before he died

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:56 am
dreaming_mouse says...

I have 3 careers I want to suceed in but have no chance of hell in actually suceeding lol
I want to be a writer but it's so hard to get a publisher to look at your work unless you've already being published
I used to want to go into acting and I still do but my fear of people is telling me that's never going to work out
I really like designing fashion but my crappy drawing abilities are stopping me from getting there too lol

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:25 pm
Shadow Knight says...

2 Careers
Career 1: Army
Career 2: Writer
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:52 pm
Emma says...

I want to be:

Either...

A Graphic Artist,
An animator
Go into the acting career. (like that will happen >.<)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:57 pm
Areida says...

Okay, I really would love to be a writer, but it's not exactly a practical profession. So I'm planning to minor in creative writing and major in something that'll pay the bills so I can try and get published. Probably a history or English professor at a good college or university. Oh, and I want to be a mom. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:59 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm not really sure...

I'd absolutely love to be an Author or any sort of writing career, like Journalism. Probably Magazine Journalism, as I've done work experience with them and they did nothing whatsoever.

Otherwise, my family has a strong military tradition and I've considered the Army, but I doubt that will go anywhere.

I also love history. I'm hoping to go to University and study history, but I have no idea where it will end up. We'll have to see.

A perfect job for me would include history and writing.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:06 pm
Midnight says...

I always wanted to be an author or an austronaut. Don't thinks either of those aims will be achieved (well my lack of science choices at a level means that's out :p).

Going to uni to do Archaeology and Anthropology. Probs would like to end up working in the media some how, perhaps television journalism in the form of documentaries (about people and current affairs). I also though working in international relations and the foreign office might be fun.
available

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:43 pm
Kay Kay says...

Well I did want to be a pediatrition but I'm not smart enough in math to be one so now I want to do something with writing. Maybe write articals in magazines or something.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber