z

Young Writers Society

I hate Makeup

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:58 pm
Elizabeth says...

Girls and maybe guys, do you wear make up??
WHY DO YOU DAMAGE YOURSELF???

Make up is supposed to make you look pretty and it does but at the same time it is killing your skin and such and you end up putting on more and then you get worse and blah blah etc....

I never wear make up and I barely use chapstick so...

what do you think of makeup? is it worth the damage it does to your skin?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:18 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

My mom sometimes makes me wear make up. But I hate makeup
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:09 pm
Emma says...

wow! poor you! I hardly ever wear makeup, it doesnt cover u the uglyness anyway

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:19 pm
Nai says...

I'm grateful i'm just a typical guy and I don't wear makeup... takes 10 minutes TOPS for me to get ready for school or anything in the morning whereas my mother, Ginnie and Julie all take at least an hour and a half to get ready to go ANYWHERE!! How can you clean yourself and mess with your face and chemicals for that long? And after they do it, they don't look much different from when they didn't have it on! I don't get it!

This is just my opinion personally, but all girls and women i've seen with lipstick on alot, look better without it. Alot of women that put on make-up that they think will enhance their appearance when they look more beautiful without it.

::shrugs:: But it's their body.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:41 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I wore make up for the prom, one of the guys in the year below me told me I "cleaned up nicely" and "sure wear make-up more often" it was just as well he told me that on MSN. Had he said it in person he wouldn't have been walking for a loooooooong time. Anyway I don't see what's wrong with make-up the girls I hang with at college all wear it and I think they're beautiful...too sound corny...

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:37 pm
Areida says...

It takes me a grand total of 2 minutes to put on my makeup in the morning, and all I wear is cover-up (because I naturally have dark circles under my eyes) and eyeliner (because it's pretty, okay?). I used to be just like you, TBR and I couldn't understand why girls wore makeup and how it was just a waste of money and time...but then I wore a little and I really liked the way it looked.

And I'm not like a lot of girls I know that wear blush and foundation, powder, mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, and lipgloss.

This is just my opinion personally, but all girls and women i've seen with lipstick on alot, look better without it.

I personally hate the stuff. But I'm addicted to chapstick. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:05 am
Chanson says...

i wear concealer on a daily basis but nothing else (i mean no other make up. obviously i wear clothes). but when i go out somewhere nice or if i'm having a bad day, i'll put on a bright eyeshadow or loads of eyeliner or anything ridiculous and sparkly. it's fun to play with your looks- to see the different people you can be, to change things around.

it doesn't do much damage at all, you can do a million worse things to yourself. if you clean your face, make up doesn't hurt your skin. as long as it isn't cheap tacky stuff.

and i am addicted to cherry lipbalm. i love the way it smells.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:21 am
niteowl says...

I have a lipgloss obsession, but I mainly wear it just for fun. I have a ton. I also have a ton of other makeup, but hardly ever use it. I was blessed with fairly clear skin, so I don't wear foundation/concealer (the only thing I like about glasses: they severly reduce my undereye circles) unless I get really bad pimples (like I do right now. Of course they couldn't come LAST Sunday when I was off all week). My eyes get irritated really easily, so when I try eyeliner, it gets in my eye and it's like I'm wearing contacts. Ugh. And my cheeks are naturally really pink, so I don't need blush. My friend seriously thought I was wearing blush once. Sometimes I put on a little eyeshadow. Honestly, I'm pretty comfortable with my almost makeupless face. It's the rest of me I hate.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:38 am
Areida says...

And my cheeks are naturally really pink, so I don't need blush. My friend seriously thought I was wearing blush once.

Me too. Do you have a natural pink tink to your skin? Like so you look really good in pastel pink and blue?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:47 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I have this chocolate flavoured lip balm I wear every day that is actually made of chocolate, and is really nice. Sometimes I wear eyeliner and black nail polish because it makes me feel like myself, but that's it.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:56 am
Emma says...

If I had chocolate flavoured lip balm I would eat it >.<

And eyeliner rulez, that all I wear. :D

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:56 am
Nai says...

Hey, question:
What's the difference between eyeliner and eyeshadow?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:58 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Eyeliner is a pencil you draw around your eye with, right above the top lashes or below the lower ones. Eyeshadow is a powder you brush onto your eyelid.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

43 Reviews

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:07 pm
Nai says...

Ah, okay thanks
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:10 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I love how if you wear loads of eyeline it makes the white of your eyes really bright and your eyes look so much cooler. Too bad I'm allergic to it though T_T

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway