33%
*Gags*
44%

Total votes : 18

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:59 am
astrogemini says...

Muddle-headed confusion between the songstress Ciara and a transsexual in Ireland who shares the same name may well have worked to create this rumor. Ireland's Ciara was born in 1968 (which is about 20 years before the gal who was to become the popular Crunk & B singer). The Emerald Isle's Ciara came into this world male but in 1999 was surgically transformed into a female.

Online searches for 'ciara' quickly find the Irish Ciara's web page, which chronicles her experience of being surgically regendered. Perhaps the rumor about a talented young singer therefore properly lies at the feet of someone who could not conceive of there being more than one person in the world bearing that particular given name.

And that's all that needs to be said about that,
--Greg.
"If you were a ham...I would bake you."

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:55 pm
Chevy says...

Whoa. I barely know who she is but I always thought she sorta looked like a guy...

*Shrugs*

But yeah. I've been hearing that a lot lately. I think it could be true. Heh. I don't know. If anything she's a probably a morphodite. My mom has a cousin who was a morphodite but he was more male than female. But heck, you can't judge someone because of that. It's not something they chose...it's a condition.

And gosh people! Don't you know looks can be decieving? You don't actually think she looks like that behind the scenes do you? :shock:
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:16 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

The artist Ciara never had man parts. There was a ciara in irelad by the same name who opted to become a woman, and is most likely the source of this rumor.
She was never on the oprah show, and she never said anything about ever being a man.
She comes from a military family, so surgery for her at a young age is impossible. The high cost of surgery, the crappy military insurance, and the extremely low pay in the military. This also means that they moved around every year, making the possibility of a surgical alteration of that scale impossible. Such things are generally done over years, with a certain trustworthy doctor.

Men who change themselves into woman-like things, arent usually very atractive. They still maintain the male body shape, build, and manerism. they just have brests and a psudo vagina.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:45 pm
Chevy says...

I guess that sounds correct but heck, I really can't say anything. I've only seen her before and I don't know or care what her music is like.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:53 pm
Snoink says...

Either way, she's a girl now. You guys can continue drooling, as long as it's not on my foot.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:22 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

ok, look at these two pictures, long and hard.
this, is a transexual man - who wants to be a woman. no matter how hard he tries, he's still a man.
Not only that, but he makes an ugly woman. no ammount of facial reconstructive surgery can take that jawline away.

this is ciara, a real woman. notice, that if you try to make her look like a guy, she would look about 12 years old. No ammount of facial reconstructive surgery can give a man youth like that. if it could, it would be the hottest thing on the market. notice the difference.

Image guy, who wants to be a girl, but isn't, he's just a guy.
Image ciara. notice the lack of abdominal definition that would be present on a male.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:06 am
Matt Bellamy says...

*continues drooling*

Oops, sorry Snoink. Might wanna clean your shoe up a bit there...sorry. *backs out of the room*
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec