z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter... The Musical

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

The Sunday Mirror wrote:Boy wizard Harry Potter is taking to the stage in a musical based on the smash-hit books.

Casting agents have been told to start looking for a young lad to play Potter in an all-singing, all-dancing version of J.K. Rowling's magic at Hogwarts. Producers are already working on script ideas and hope to bring the musical to London's West End next year.

They are looking for a big-name composer to write the music. A theatre insider said: "The musical has the potential to be huge. You are already off to a head start with the most popular book of recent times. Eveyone loves the characters and the mythical world Rowling has invented.

"The difficulty is condensing the seven books into a manageable show. They are exploring various ideas. One possibility is to tell the whole story. Another is to just take a single plot.

"The plan is for spectacular flying scenes, live Quidditch and big showdowns with Voldemort." Daniel Radcliffe, 18, starred in the Potter films.

J.K. ROWLING is expected to write a special Harry Potter book in aid of Comic Relief's Red Nose Day in 2009. She did spin-off books for Comic Relief in 2001, which raised £22million.

Link here

This was posted a couple of months ago, but I only just found the link whilst perusing the HP Wiki article - you gotta love Wikipedia!

Personally, I don't see how they're going to get seven books-worth of material into one show. I mean, it was difficult enough with LOTR, but Harry Potter?

In any case, If the reviews are anything like decent, I'll certainly be going to see it - but I have some reservations. I just really hope they don't do a really crappy job with it.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:08 pm
Via says...

It makes sense, but I have to say...eck.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Oh my freaking....

"Oh Hermione! Oh Hermione! There's this freaking huge do-o-og in my face! What do we doo-oo? What do we doo-oo?"(Mozart) "No no no, we will not let Quirrel go!" "He's just a poor boy, Voldemort owns him!" "No no no no NO NO NO! I WILL NOT LET HIM GO!" Queen.

XD
ohmeohmy

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:27 pm
Perra says...

*blink**blink*
:shock:
Huh?!
OMG, that's....wow....I don't see how they can do it. Definitely not with the whole story. They could do a musical of James, Lily, Snape, etc.'s days at Hogwarts. That'd be amazing! But using the actual books? Idk, they don't really seem like they're about to burst into song at any moment....
However, I would love to see a singing, dancing Luna. =D And a Snape! OMG! *drools*
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:00 pm
Cade says...

NOOOO!

I have been afraid of this day ever since I heard about LotR being turned into a musical.

The apocalypse is upon us.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:01 pm
tinny says...

*is very very scared*
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:55 pm
Leja says...

Oh dear, I hope they're not serious >_<

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:58 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Three words;

Sick and wrong.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:25 am
Prokaryote says...

Voldemort dies in Act Three! :O

Prokaryote

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:33 am
Areida says...

*palm/forehead*

Oy vey. What next?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 am
Crysi says...

>.<

They just destroyed the series, pretty much.

Although hopefully if Sirius Black is in it, they'll pick someone a bit more attractive than Gary Oldman...
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:12 am
Areida says...

I'm glad someone else felt the same way about Gary Oldman as Sirius, Crysi.

XD
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 am
gyrfalcon says...

They CAN't be serious...can they?
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

798 Reviews

Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:16 am
Jiggity says...

Wait, wait, wait---what?

I can't believe this. You gotta be freakin kidding me.

I am so pissed off. I cant believe they would do this to a classic! One of, if not the greatest piece of fantastic fiction in history!

When, oh when, did they decide to make LOTR a musical????!!!!

Oh woe is me.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:09 pm
melodicatastrophe says...

Sounds like they are serious.

They messed up the books with the movies, and now they're trying to kill them off with a musical!?

Hail Hydra
— Stan Lee