z

Young Writers Society

MTV is coming to my high school...fascinating.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:32 am
Cade says...

So, this morning on the announcements, we learned that the MTV show "Made" is holding open casting at my high school. I know what the show is about; I've seen bits and pieces of it when there's nothing better on (my TV-watching consists mostly of Law & Order reruns and Scrubs). I'm not, in a million years, going to try out. It's a neat feeling, though...like almost being famous because MTV could pick someone from my school. What do you guys think?

-Colly
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:42 am
Wiggy says...

That's awesome!!!!

Of course, then again, I don't watch MTV, but hey, if someone from your school gets picked, you guys will be totally famous!!!

You should try out. :D

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:33 am
Via says...

Hehe yea, I got an email from them last month telling me they were interested in my story for the 2007 casting year..............made is fun, but nothing much else from mtv is worth the watch lol.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:42 am
HurricaneEmily says...

Very cool! Made is a pretty cool show. I'd be too erm.. chicken to try out. It would probably be filled with all the preppy girls who want to be skateboarders or football players... Nothing intresting. Somebody should just walk in there and say, "Hey, my name is () and I want to be an ultimate ping-pong champion." That'd be pretty sweet.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:38 am
Teague says...

Made annoys the hell out of me.

Personal opinion. *shrug*

I guess MTV coming to your school is a good thing. But I'm going to bite my tongue (slash fingers) and supress my anti-MTV rant here. ;)
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:59 am
Cade says...

Hahaha. I'd never try out. People I know are already planning (jokingly) about how to get on. I haven't heard anyone seriously talking about it yet, but I suppose people who really want to be "made" aren't really talking about that.

I think I'll walk in there and say, "Hello. My name is Colleen, and I want to be an international chess champion," or something dorky along those lines.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:56 am
Chanson says...

oh god i love made....the people always look like fools but at least they get to learn new things. well worth looking like a bit of a tit.

i would definitley try out and be made into a surfer or something.
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:26 pm
Muse says...

TRY OUT!!!

That's so cool. *jealous*
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:23 pm
Skye says...

Hah, that's great! My favorite MADE was the one where the jock wanted to be a ballet dancer. So cute. :P
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice