z

Young Writers Society

Comic Relief

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:24 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

March 11th is Comic Relief, i.e. Red Nose Day, in the UK. I have no idea if it is anywhere else, but we buy plastic red noses and the proceeds go to charity. Other things to wear such as red hair spray and badges/pins are also sold for charity. People also have other ways of raising money. One boy at my school is being sponsered for wearing a skirt, another is waxing his legs. So, what do you do for Red Nose Day, what's the best part of it and if you don't do it where you live, do you have any other charity days instead? Discuss :)

For more information go to: www.comicrelief.com
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:42 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

My college is doing a ragweek where we have a different theme for each day and dress up to support it. Tomorrow is uniforms so I'm going as a prison officer with the handcuffs lol ;)
I buy the red noses but I don't wear them - I'll bring them to school (or this year college) and wear it occasionally but they make my nose uncomfortable so I just buy them to support it lol.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:41 pm
niteowl says...

I don't think we have it here in the US, which is unfair. that sounds like fun!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:40 pm
hekategirl says...

It does sound like fun!!! we should start doing it :-D

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria