z

Young Writers Society

Do you have a phobia?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:37 am
Nate says...

For me, I'm absolutely afraid of snakes. I have no idea why since I used to be fine around them when I was little and there's been nothing since then that would've made me afraid of them. But ever since I was 14 or 15, I cannot go into a room that has a snake. And if I'm reading a magazine with a picture of a snake inside, I have to rip out that picture and throw it away. Doesn't help much that I love camping and work a summer camp, lol.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:48 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Im not afraid of snakes or other animals. I once even held a tarantula and a boa and anaconda numerous times. My great phobia has to be some really nasty insects. You know, like praying mantis or warrior beetles. When they are really close up I just want to die!

My other phobia might be really high places. But I mean REALLY high when you are on a really small space and seem like you might fall, and you look down and see how far away you are. I dream about this all the time and it just seems so real.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:28 am
Crysi says...

I LOVE snakes. Of course, my parents had boa constrictors before I was born, and when we used to go hiking my parents would point out snakes to me. So I've practically grown up around snakes.

I do, however, have an intense fear of spiders.. I react the same way around spiders as you do around snakes, Nate. Even the smallest little spiders that could barely fit on the end of a pin make me nervous. I know they won't hurt me, but I guess it's the quick movement of them.. *shudders*
Love and Light

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:48 pm
ZZAP says...

I'm terrified of balloons! :shock: I can't take the high pressurised floating aliens! Never send me balloons for my birthday, as I will take it as a act upon my life and respond with force.

-ZZAP has been known to kill large populations of Balloons in a drastic manner that is unmatched by any serial killer. Armed and dangerous, the man if seen needs to be restrained and contact with the authorities atempted.

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

418 Reviews

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:59 pm

My phobia is spiders with really long legs (Daddy Long Legs) those are my nightmare. Anybody fear the number 13? I think its a really stupid phobia, I mean, whats it gonna do, attack you? I am very afraid of death, though, which I am sure most of you are, too?

594 Reviews

Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:56 pm
Crysi says...

It depends on if I'm feeling particularly religious that day or not lol. I can be a bit paranoid sometimes about pain, however.. It's very strange. I will just imagine something hitting me, or falling on me, or I'll even imagine myself tripping and falling down the stairs. But what's REALLY creepy about that is that for a split second, my view changes, as if the accident really happened. Like if I imagine myself falling down the stairs, I'll just suddenly see the floor, sideways, as if I had actually fallen down and landed at the bottom. Sometimes I can feel it, too.. Only for a few seconds, though.

I DO have a lingering fear of dying from my heart problem, whatever it is. My doctor is still trying to diagnose it.. My heart will randomly start beating irregularly for a few seconds, then it goes into a full, fast pounding beat, which can last from 5 minutes to 5 hours. If it beats to fast, I may get dizzy or pass out, because my brain isn't getting any oxygen from the blood. It could be fatal. So I can't have caffiene or chocolate (which contains caffiene) because I've found they seem to be triggers..

Wow, a close look at Crysi's personal problems :roll:

Anyway, those are other fears of mine.
Love and Light

418 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:23 am

Whoa, I never knew that you had a hear problem...that must be scary, 5 hours? Whoa...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:32 am
Nate says...

Yikes... hearing about heart problems makes me winch. I can't believe that though; I mean, for five hours!? I've never heard of something like that, but one of my neighbors, who is 10 now, was born with eight holes in his heart. They managed to repair most of it, but I have to be careful not to overexert him whenever we're on a bike ride or playing basketball.

I hope whatever it is turns out to be something pretty small :)

418 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:42 am

What do you mean, overexert?

425 Reviews

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:06 am
Nate says...

I just mean, I can't put him in a situation where he runs out of breath. Some is fine, but if he gets to the point where he is absolutely out breath, panting, and sweating, then that's bad.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone will notice, but there were two snake avatars that could be selected. They are now gone, lol

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i didnt see the snake avatars...

anyway the 2 things i can think of offhand that
im scared of are
- heights. sum1 else sed that... cant remember
who it was now... its exactly the same, im fine on
hills & mountains but i cant do abseiling etc. i
tried it once but i cud only get up the first 2 ladders...
- wasps. a few years ago i woke up & there was
a really strange feeling on my leg, like there was
a spider crawling on me... i shifted the covers,
not thinking anythin was there but there was a
wasp which had already stung me bout 3 times
when i wuz asleep & when i shifted the covers it
pushed the wasp INTO my leg so its sting was stuck
& it couldnt get out. of course i wuz 2 scared 2 pick it
up or move so i must have waited bout half an hour
b4 my mum heard me & came 2 the rescue...

anyway u can c why im scared of wasps now...
have u ever had a wasp or a bee follow u around??...
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:08 pm
Tessitore says...

Wasps. Definatley. I just hate them. I don't know why. But anytime I see one I have one of two reactions; run, or freeze.

And I really can't think of anything besides that. I supose I'd be afraid of guns if one was pointed at me, but I'm generally OK with them...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

418 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:52 am

I've been stung by wasps numerous times and am not really afraid, but Yellowjackets, those are a nuisance. They can kill you with one sting because of some virus they have. Not really scared of bees, I run from them, yes, but I just take in mind that they are more scared of me than I am of them, but yellowjackets, they are not scared.

I am afraid of danger, which I am sure a lot of people are. Sometimes when I am dreaming I'll dream of like a Rottweiller attacking me and biting me or something.

As for the heights, the thing that scares me is like ladders or being really high up on something smooth (like in Matrix where Neo goes onto the ridge of the building). I have climbing mountains and hiked a lot of times and that never scares me.

594 Reviews

Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:54 am
Crysi says...

Thanks Nate, I'm sure whatever it is will be curable with a few meds lol.

Oooh, today in science my teacher passed around a jar with a tarantula in it.. *shudders* I actually held the jar. Amazing.

Ack, I hate bees.. I've never been stung, and I never want to be!!
Love and Light

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:14 am
Drizzt says...

I'm terrified of heights. Some of them, anyways. I hate climbing trees, because I can never get down, but I like sitting on cliffs overlooking the ocean.
I hate spiders too, and snakes. My brother has a snake, and I'm always scared that it will bite me, or kill him. I also hate yellowjackets and other types of stinging bugs of any kind.
People always complain about how life sucks, but they never kill themselves. Don't you wonder why? I do.

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen