z

Young Writers Society

DREAMS!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:26 pm
Sureal says...

Who doesn't like talking about dreams?

For those of you who don't already know, I'm an 'Oneironaut' (or 'dream traveller'... or summit like that)... which basically means I can dream lucidly (I know I'm dreaming) which is just nifty. As such, I have an interesst (*cough*obsession*cough*) with dreams.

So... I can answer pretty much any question you have about dreams (note: I answer them scientifically - if you want spirituality you'll have to ask so specifically). I can also teach you to have lucid dreams. I can help you to overcome any reocurring nightmares you're having.
What I can't do though is interprit your dreams for you. But I can tell you how you can do it easily yourself (so you don't have to buy a book or whatever) :).

So yeah... this is a place to talk about dreams as a whole... and if you wish, ask me a question on them :).

- Sureal
I wrote the above just for you.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:11 pm
niteowl says...

Oh cool, this came at the weirdest time, cause I had the weirdest dream last night. Lindsay Lohan was my sister. 'Nuff said.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:52 pm
Zion says...

Dreams thread. :D I like these stuff. When I dream I not only know that im dreaming, but I also have all the feelings when I am. For example fear, cold, pain, touch, smell. Its like a second reality. Im obsessed with dreams too. I guess I have those feelings cuz im an empath. WHich is also VERY cool!
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:05 pm
Wulie says...

I had a dream this morning where I was in control ( well as much as you can be) I love to dream makes life so much better however when you wake up there is a certain dissapointment!
wu x
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:12 pm
Zion says...

Im almost always in control of my dreams. IM A GOD! :twisted: (in my dreams lol)
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

137 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:15 pm
Wulie says...

lol bet you are! I very rarely remember my dreams AHH and they're usually my wishes coming true but when I wake its not true I hate it *sulks!*
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:20 pm
Zion says...

I remeber some dreams when i was 12. I have this colletion of best dreams in my mind. Tonight I dreamed I was something like Van Helsing and I was constantly shooting with a gun in Poe-like vampire. But he was not dying. The I was like, Die allready you stupid bastard! AN dhe was like, just because you can control your dreams you think you can kill me? And that was when I officially freaked out. ANd woke up.

Immanuel Kant

137 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:30 pm
Wulie says...

weiiiiiiiiiiird never had a dream like that, that I can remember! I remember some dreams for long time ago but I have re-ocouring dreams I hate them! * must od history essay must do history*

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:36 pm
Zion says...

I remeebr everything even the furniture in the room and the green goo liquid next to me in a jar. very very weird.

Immanuel Kant

137 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:38 pm
Wulie says...

I'd love to be able to do that, its strange how people dream so differently. Mind I'm lucky if I sleep at all sometimes!

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:45 pm
Zion says...

When I did this test about dreams it said Ihad divine inspiration, when it comes to dreams. No wonder I eiterh bask in answers for questions that no one has asked, study or listen techno.

Immanuel Kant

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:49 pm
Sureal says...

Arvandor: Do you know how rare it is to be a natural lucid dreamer?

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:54 pm
Zion says...

I thought it was normal. I read youre blog and that dream you had. Mine are always (almost) fulled with action or stuff like that. When I dream im immidiatly transported mostly somewhere on open space, and I very raerly see oterh people. The last time I did, was when I dreamed Brad was my brother.

Immanuel Kant

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:59 pm
Sureal says...

Most naturals do think it's normal for a long time ;). In fact, everyone I've met over the net (um, i think you're the third) were surprised to learn it wasn't normal.

You rarely see other people in your LD's? I usually see loads in mine. It's actually quite interessting talking to them. Some are idiots, whilst others seem as smart as a normal person.

However, all the naturals I've met so far only really have low level LD's (simple because they don't know how to higher it). So, they can't think quite as clearly as they can in real life, nor is the dream as real and vivid as real life.
So... how realistic would you say your's are? And how clearly can you think?

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:03 pm
Zion says...

level of contorling and thought? "average" not as best as yours.
realistic: very. When I monster jumps out or some drastic happens, then i know that im dreaming. it very strange when i wake up. its like, im torn apart from something. even painful sometimes.

Immanuel Kant

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace