Just watched Troy again... good gravy... *droolcry*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed May 04, 2005 2:41 am
electricbluemonkey says...

The only reason I did not like Troy is because they made Achilles look like the best, most graceful fighter ever. He was not like that in the book, nothing like that.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed May 04, 2005 3:02 am
Areida says...

Well, in the Iliad he was a whiny, childish, pathetic, momma's boy, who couldn't do anything but fight well. I really didn't like him in it, but since they totally redid his character in Troy AND it's Brad Pitt... I'll let it go.. :wink:

They Paris and Helen pretty well... :roll: I hate 'em both. Oh, and they did a good job with Hektor... I've always loved him.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed May 04, 2005 2:57 pm
Kay Kay says...

I saw this movie called Anything You Want on the channel abc family. It was really cute about this chick who has an imaginary boyfriend until her bestfriend's cousin shows intrest in her.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed May 04, 2005 3:01 pm
Galatea says...

Brad Pitt + nakedness = good thing

I just saw Kung Fu Hustle...if it's playing near you, I highly recommend it. Terribly bizarre...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

418 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 1:36 am

And bizarreness in a movie is always a good thing.

Yeah, and they did Hector really, really good. It was just like him.

I just saw Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Yes! GO SEE IT! NOW! OR ELSE! GO! I really highly recommend it. I mean, as high as I can. If you read the book and didn't like it, go see it. If you read the book and liked it, go see it. If you don't have any idea what it is, go see it. If you have the HGTTG, go see it anyway! AHH! I need to go see it again. And again...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 05, 2005 2:02 am
Nate says...

Hitchhikers Guide was really good, but I think you need to read the book first in order to like it. I went with about five people to see it, and out of those five, I was the only one who liked it. I was also the only one who read it.

418 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 2:26 am

Yeah, I finished the 6th book just before I went to see it, just in case.

But if you haven't read them, you will still like it. I mean, how many people have read The Illiad? How many people liked Troy...oh, crap, Troy sucked...okay, bad example, but I'll think of something.

798 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 2:31 am
Areida says...

Galatea wrote:Brad Pitt + nakedness = good thing

Oh yeah. *drools*

MWAHAHAHAA!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

418 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 2:39 am

Ah, god, if you don't stop drooling we're going to be swimming in this stuff.

Well, the last movie I saw was Secondhand Lions in a DVD from the library, and it was pretty good. The plot sucked though.

798 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 2:44 am
Areida says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:Ah, god, if you don't stop drooling we're going to be swimming in this stuff.

LMAO! Sorry. *wipes chin* Heh. *goes back to ogling Brad Pitt and Eric Bana* Their voices are so shmexy... all deep and strong and awesome and stuff. Yeah... hehehee...
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu May 05, 2005 2:48 am
DarkerSarah says...

I just watched Lemony Snicket's A Serious of Unfortunate Events on DVD. It was pretty good. I've never read the books, but I wasn't too fond of Jim Carrey as Count Olof. I thought the character needed to be more evil and less humorous.

I also watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the second time. It's strange watching it for the second time. Initially, the fun and intrigue of the movie was complete confusion about what was going on! I'm not sure I liked it as much as I did at first, but the plot is still good, and I love Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey as Clementine and Joel. Oh, and Elijah Wood makes one convincing prick! He goes from the lovable Frodo Baggins to the absolutely loathable Patrick. What a versatile little man!

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu May 05, 2005 1:51 pm
Zion says...

I just watched troy. stupid grreks. *kicks greece in the family jewels, but then remebers, ancient greece is feminist so there* grrrr.....go troy. I was about to cry when I saw the Trojan Horse. Just when I started loving the Troyans, Oddie comes up with the legendary plan. ARGH! Priam should have listened to Paris....
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

418 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2005 11:40 pm

Yes, Arvy, damnable Priam. Grr...

Well, Greeks were not "girly men", only Athenians were, and yes they are Greeks too. But the Spartans were completely the opposite, here the women were "men...women" or something. *Cough* Well, yeah, it was pretty cool. I liked it, but they changed Achilles WAY too much.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri May 06, 2005 12:00 am
Zion says...

are you kidding? homosexuality was as common as the daily rubish. women were only considered as breeding machines only
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer