z

Young Writers Society

So sore...

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:39 am
Nai says...

Does anyone here take any sort of Weight Training class?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:50 pm
-KayJuran- says...

umm... i do karate but never tried weight training...

i learnt how to block someone when they kick you
& then throw them on the floor! :-)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:57 pm
niteowl says...

I wish I could do karate.

I did some weight training last summer for swimming. THe thing I hated the most about it is when no girls would show up and you were surrounded by football players who've actually been doing this every day. So embarrassing. I'm supposed to be doing it now for the off-season but I'm a very naughty girl.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:01 pm
Zion says...

What seems to be the problem Nai. What sort of exersie to you need. Weight reduce? Abs?
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

43 Reviews

Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:47 pm
Nai says...

Whoa...I thought Nate deleted this when I posted it in the Tavern...lol anyway...

Yeah, I have Weight Training Monday-Friday. I work really really hard in there because I want to lose weight and build muscle. It's going absolutely great except one problem:
Not a day goes by where I am not sore.
Let's say your doing an Arm Curl, that's where you basically take a 50 pound iron bar and lift it up and down just using the front half of your arm (don't know how else to describe it), now if you keep doing it to the point you can't do anymore because your arm is tired...you keep doing it after you can't do anymore. And that is why some people joke around and say "Feel the burn!" when they are weight lifting is because they are going beyond their limit and that is what it's like. Now there are only certain excersizes you can go beyond your limit on. Arm Curl isn't recommened it's just an example. Anyway that is my way of excersizing, and due to the rapid weight loss, i'd say it's a good thing. See normally, my teacher says give yourself one day to recover a body part you have been excersizing...in other words if you work your arms to exhaustion one day and it's sore, don't excersize that body part the next day...let it rest. My problem is that (1) When I work the body part to exhaustion and it gets sore, it's usually for more than one day; (2) Eventually in the hour of class and the 5 day week, you run out of body parts to excersize that aren't sore. (Anyone taking weight training knows exactly what i'm talking about)

P.S. Right now i'm working on abs and arms and legs, so that's what hurts most Arvy

P.S.S. Just to let you know I am not some jock...I do not play or am a fan of any sports, and i'm not some big Chuck Norris workout buff... I just know how to lose weight and build muscle.

P.S.S.S. The posting in the tavern thing.. I posted this in the Tavern before Nate even posted something in it so by the description, I though it was kind of like a second randomness forum, except you just talk about your day or stuff that's going on. ::shrugs:: Sorry again, Nate.

P.S.S.S.S. I am NOT gay.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:08 pm
Tessitore says...

I do weight machines at the gym, but not exactly weight training, I don't think. Building muscle, though. Mighty, I am now stronger then ever---HUZZAH!
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:03 pm
Ego says...

How can you not enjoy the burn!?

Here's my workout scheculde:

Monday- Back
Tuesday- Chest
Wednesday- Legs
Thursday- Shoulders
Friday- Arms
All week long: Pushups and situps!

No weekend lifting for me...rest time.

You never run out of muscles to work!

BTW, what was the last PS for?

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:23 pm
Zion says...

lol Nai are you sure you are not gay? j/k
1.Consider to food you are eating. For weight lifitng its good to eat how should I say this in english...food with high calories. Also fruit and vegetables. Dont worry about regaining you weight from eating cuz weight lifintg and basicly exercise requiers lots of energy. Also during exercise you must drink a lot. Water, orange juice, or energy drinks.
2.Dont over do it. Even do many enjoy the burn, including my self, the body is not a machine. It requres a rest. After every 20 min of exercise 10 min of rest. Not that you are a waekling or someting like it, but not every body can deal with a lot of exercise, also you are not a profesional or a older person or sometinig like it.
3.After exercise, when you are done, walk. For example walk from the gym to home, or ride the bike. Body parts usualy get sore after an instant stop of activity. When you go home, take a good warm shower, and/or if possible a massage.
4.Once you pop you cant stop. :D that is, when you exercise today dont stop with it. for example if I do that today, and do it again the next week I will be sore again. Do it in two days or so. The body will get used to it. Even though if you are sore, (well not a lot) still try to do ANY exercise, as I said the body will get used to it.
5.Its always hard in the begining.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:18 am
Wulie says...

excersize is evil I tell you!!
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:19 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* no it isn't! It's fun! If you actually do it regularly... :roll:

My friend does weight training and every day he comes home and calls me up and says, "Dusky... I hurt..." It's so pitiful... but he's happy because he's gaining muscle...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

43 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:37 am
Nai says...

Well first off, it's not like I get pleasure out of the burn you get..lol I was just saying the phrase as an example so anyone that doesn't do it knows what it's like.

And secondly, Hunter the reason I said "I am NOT gay"...It was partly a joke. I said it because usually the workout guys who are not in it because they are doing it for sports or because they like working out are gay lol. Anyway, if what I said was confusing and you still don't get it...don't worry...it was a joke...but I really am not gay.

And I am NOT homophobic...just clearing things up. lol
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:51 pm
Ego says...

lol, I just didn't get it

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:27 am
Nate says...

I've never taken a weight training class, but I do weight training every once in a while. I typically don't do it just because I hate exercising indoors, unless it's an indoor pool. However, I did do some yesterday, and then I ran five miles today so, needless to say, I'm very sore and also very cranky, lol

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:05 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i want to buy some weights but i havent got round
to it yet...

I GOT MY BLUE BELT!!! :-D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain