z

Young Writers Society

Dragons FTW!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Because Empress Kat was listing monkey names from the media. I must say, you monkeys aren't exactly fair.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:32 pm
Sureal says...

Kat also said,

And oh so many more. so lets realize this is a vote on the mascot. not a leader. So stop throwing around names.

I agree with her :).
I wrote the above just for you.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Baroness Ink wrote::raises fist: HEAR HEAR!
Dragons also are commonly "immortal"- and a writer's work, once out in the world, can also be everlasting. We are still reading the Bible, "Little Women", Mark Twain, Charles Dickens and countless other classic books and authors. Truly, paper and ink may fade away in time- but the words, phrases and meanings will still linger in our minds. The dragon! The dragon!

~Sumi

HEAR HEAR INDEED! (ccm is a traitor... *sniff* i can't believe it...
dun worry
it's all gun be k

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:51 am
Nate says...

Here's the old YWS logo with a dragon in it... Bobo hated it so much that within a day or two, he had a replacement for it (also below):
Attachments
logo4.gif
Old YWS logo... used for a week at most
logo4.gif (3.75 KiB) Viewed 194 times
logo5.jpg
Bobo's improved logo
logo5.jpg (22.8 KiB) Viewed 199 times

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:47 pm
Esmé says...

Lol, more or less.

People. Vote monkey. Seriously, monkey. Why?

I think the mascot should represent the whole site of YWS, not just its Fantasy section - I mean, dragons are more or less linked with fantasy, don't you agree? Now, a nice, cute monkey is more neutral. A monkey can represent the whole site, from Poetry to Fiction, Storybooks, Randomness etc. The whole site. I think that most people, after seeing a dragon as a site mascot, would automatically only think of Fantasy. Say, a poetry writer would just skip the site, having no interest whatsoever in Fantasy and Fiction.

-But that’s just my point of view.

-elein

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:53 pm
Twit says...

What about something that ISN'T a monkey or a dragon? Yeah, I know the vote was narrowed down to dragon or monkey, but if its gonna take twenty years to settle which one will win, maybe go for someting totally unrelated? Personally, I like dragons, but I get your point Elein, about monkeys being neutral.

-ShadowTwit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom