z

Young Writers Society

Happy Birthday, Dr. Suess

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:06 pm
Nate says...

No, it's not the birthday of Theodore Geisel - the man who was Dr. Suess. It's the fiftieth birthday of The Cat In The Hat, which is the first book Theodore Geisel authored, and thus also the fiftieth birthday of Dr. Suess.

So, happy birthday Dr. Suess!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 am
Meshugenah says...

heehee! My mom the librarian says it is his birthday today, only he's dead, may he rest in peace. Libraries are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the publication of The Cat in the Hat this year. Today is (was?) Theodore Geisel's birthday.

(Or Theo LeSieg, his pen name! yay, random information!)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:45 am
Snoink says...

So THAT'S why people were wandering around with those funny hats today!

*muses*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:56 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I used to love those books...

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes