z

Young Writers Society

A poem for Valentine's Day?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:27 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Well, anyone who reads my blog or is a regular at le Happy Place will probably have heard of Pete...we've been going out since November but had a bit of a break, though I think we're okay now, as of yesterday...I'm just thinking, especially to guys, how would you react if someone gave you a poem they wrote for you for Valentine's Day? Granted the response might be a little biased since we're all writers here :P But he knows I write and thinks I'm good, and I have a few poems which have some particularly nice lines I would like to show him...so maybe just some snippets, or give him the best I have? I think more than one poem would be too much, or maybe it's too soppy and he'd feel weird about it anyway, I know I'm rambling...what do you think?

:)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:35 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I'd be touched.

If it's in your heart to express feelings to him in poetic form, then I say go for it, and if he doesn't appreciate it, then shame on him. What's the worst that could happen?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:45 am
Emerson says...

I gave a poem to my (now ex) boyfriend for Christmas. It was kind of a crappy poem, by poetic standards, but because he didn't know that, it was lovely for him. He liked it more than anything I could have bought him, so I'm sure yours will enjoy a poem too.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

As long as it isn't transparently cheesy or cliched (although a little cliche here and there won't hurt), there isn't a better present on the face of the earth. Except maybe, you know, a large sum of cash or a dinosaur.

Anyway, go for it. Definately.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory