z

Young Writers Society

My reef tank

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:17 am
Fishr says...

I had a 55g reef running for 3 years but due to hardly any time, I took it down and converted it into a mini aquarium. It has been up since Feb. 14th, 2006.

In it there's an Emerald crab, a clown, an orange serpant star (that's nocturnal), and miss. hermits/snails. I swear though, I was not trying to get the clown in every picture! It kept following the camera lense in every direction I turned. What a camera hog the clownfish was! Yeesh!

Thanks for looking. :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:19 am
Loose says...

awwww, i love fishies!!!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:22 am
Crysi says...

Haha, I love the fourth one, where you get just a peek of the clownfish... Silly thing. :)

Very cool!
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:59 am
Meshugenah says...

Oh, pretty, Fishr!

(yes, pretty. I know little about water creatures, but I do have a goldfish that's ten years old that won't die!)

*ahem*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

365 Reviews

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:09 am
Fishr says...

:)

Thank you guys for the kind comments. :)

And Mesh, congrats on being an Admin.! Yeah goldfish or any fish for that matter are just immortal. Or it would seem sometimes, lol.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

I have to disagree fishr, at least from my personal experience. My family has never been able to keep our goldfish alive for more than a few months. Maybe we're jinxed, although we do have a ten-year-old golden retriever who's still alive and kickin'. He's just a big 'ole slobery teddy bear.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

365 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:00 pm
Fishr says...

Goldfish are the type that don't fare very well in those glass goldfish bowls or for that matter, anything under 20 gallons. Most goldfish can get quite large, and the majority are unware of this, thus the quick sucession of a shortened lifespan on them.

Koi or comets (two different varieties of goldfish) can attain lengths of 12-18 inches. I've heard of rumors of people claiming their koi in a pond has reached lengths of almost 25 inches! Bare minium, I would keep goldfish in anything smaller than a 29 gallon, and I'd probably only have three, 'pending on the species. ;)

Aw... Your doggy sounds to be quite the lover and very affectionate. :) You should post pics of your big teddy bear of a dog sometime.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:56 am
Emma says...

Aw, that's such a cute clown fish. Very nice work, you treat your fish like royalty.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:35 am
sabradan says...

fishr wrote::)

Thank you guys for the kind comments. :)

And Mesh, congrats on being an Admin.! Yeah goldfish or any fish for that matter are just immortal. Or it would seem sometimes, lol.

I don't know--the salmon I had for dinner last night sure as hell wasn't immortal.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 am
Cassandra says...

So beautiful, Fishr! And the clownfish is adorable. :D

Dan: XD
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:29 am
Myth says...

Great pictures, Jess! I love fish!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns