z

Young Writers Society

What did you get for Christmas/Other Holiday?

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:33 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Yarr! Christmas extravaganza! What'd you get for Christmas/Winter holiday YWS? Share your stories of Winter Wealth, I say!

I got a Wacom and lots of clothes. :O

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:27 pm
Emerson says...

I listed what I got in my blog :-)

But I guess I can say here too!
(Oh, and merry christmas!)

A ps3, I was in shock. (It's coming out of my brothers bank account though, not my dads! lol. He's been saving for one.) A $50 borders gift card, A Humphrey Bogart box set (Including Casablanca, High Sierra, They Drive By Night and The teaser of Sierra madra), A Band T-shirt (Venus Hum), and a CD (You'll Wake Up Yesterday by Thoushaltnot)

Now, in a few I'll be leaving for my moms house. But there, I think I'm just getting money...but we'll see! (Isn't that weird? I get two Christmas? Not as fun as you think it would be.)

What did everyone else get?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:33 pm
Nate says...

Merry Christmas all :)

My favorite present I got was a scarf that my girlfriend worked on for over a month. Also got some books, and apparently everyone thinks I'm a suduko addict 'cause I got lots of suduko stuff. My entire family also got a nintendo wii, which is very fun! The stupid internet connection thing ain't working though...

All in all, it was a pretty good Christmas in the Caldwell household. Went to midnight mass, which this year was disappointing since it was pretty much like any normal mass, and had a big dinner.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:53 am
sabradan says...

Nothing. Er, wait. I got an alarm clock. Joy.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:19 am
Via says...

Claudette--I'm in the same boat with two Christmas', the presents are great--the retardedness of going back and forth on Christmas is horrible. But I'm happy to report that this year was the first year I got to spend breakfast on with the part of the family that cooks amazing meals =]

I got money mostly, which is what I asked for. I got a few cd's and two movies. I got three sweaters, a borders gift card, a maurice's gift card, a best buy gift card, an itunes gift card [which i've been trying to use all day and it's not working out], and a digital camera [which I love extremely, but didn't ask for :)], a black dress coat, and 'MadGab'.

My Christmas this year was amazing, considering the financial state we are all in this year--especially with my birthday coming up on friday!

Merry Christmas!!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:27 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

CDs:
De-loused In the Comatorium - The Mars Volta
Come On Die Young and Happy Songs for Happy People - Mogwai
Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

DVDs:
Dead Poets Society
Se7en
Corpse Bride

Books:
Brother Odd - Dean Koontz
V for Vendetta - Alan Moore and David Lloyd

All in all, a very good Christmas. All I ever want is CDs, DVDs and books.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:34 am
Emerson says...

From mother:

Soap :-p

No, really. I got body lotion, some movies (That I don't even really care about, I don't like them, they're an "everyone" thing. I asked for Chicago, but she didn't even get me that...) and some other little things that are kind of...general. (Nail polish, lol.) the major thing was a Best Buy gift card.

But all in all, holidays are exciting. Write me, I feel for you!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 4
Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:33 pm
Zeige says...

i got money mostly plus a few bits n peices and a pool table
-The Alpha-

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:02 pm
backgroundbob says...

I got a very funky new TFT monitor (now all I have to do is rehook the old one and I'll have three going at once! :P) and, even better, a typewriter!

I love it when parents get things just right; I didn't even know what to ask for, but they figured something out really well.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:32 pm
Sureal says...

Socks ^_^. I really needed new socks.

Also, The Hogfather (book), a nifty new mobile (after I lost my old one), a couple of shirts and almost a hundred quid 8).

But my main Christmas present is actually the school snowboarding trip coming up. I'm going to be tearing up those slopes (etc.) ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:04 am
Firestarter says...

I loved my presents this year.

My girlfriend got me a replica Brown Bess musket (cost her a lot, the crazy woman) and it's so unbelievably awesome. It can't fire properly, but it still has a working mechanism so you can still cock it. Will look great on my room.

From family --

Entire Sharpe TV Series collection on DVD.
X-men 3 DVD
About eight books! I can't remember them all, but there were a couple of history books, Farenheit 451, Slaughterhouse Five and other ones.
Clothes (underwear, socks, a cool jumper)
Random other stuff -- alarm clock, body wash, headphones

Got everything I needed/wanted and more!

*plays with musket*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:33 am
deleted6 says...

My brother got me NOFX-Wolves in Wolve's Clothing.
Dad: Police Academy boxset
Mum: Money and chocolate
Auntie:Money
Sister:Money
Elizabeth: The best present i could ask for a great Chrismas for her.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:47 pm
uniaeca says...

My Christmas was slightly weird.... it started off pretty bad too, though I enjoyed the day - my family does nothing spectacular for Christmas because my parents live in a remote community.

Well anyway, this is what I got and who I got it from.

Parents: An 'Edge' action figure (I love WWE, and I picked it out because there was no Batista :( *cries*) A new mp3, which we only figured out how to use yesterday (my old one got stolen) foundation (a hint, perhaps?)

Nonna: A Harry Potter clock (I don't actually mind it... but it is kinda tacky and cheap considering I'm no longer very interested in HP, I have two/three clocks, a watch and a mobile in my room already AND she was going to give it to me for my 16th birthday.

Sister: 'Terrier' by Tamora Pierce (if anyone wants to borrow it, pm me) and chunky necklaces

Sister 2 & Husband: Chunky necklace, joke cockroaches and a t-shirt I havent tried on yet

Ex-bf: $50 and four pairs of earrings. (He bought this while we were still dating, poor thing.
Sporks!! and Waffles!! Ohhhh that waffley goodness stabbed with a spork!

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:50 pm
Prosithion says...

I got The Prince of Persia for Pc, and the game pads to run it. IT IS AWESOME!!!!!
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:18 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

A leccy, woot!

And mum got me eight pairs of socks o.0 Eight!!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye