z

Young Writers Society

February Predictions

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:50 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

If that does happen, you could be able to block any more users from coming, couldnt you? Because I'd hate if that happened.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:03 pm
hekategirl says...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! that can't happen!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:22 pm
Incandescence says...

I think what Brian is trying to say is that Nate would require some additional funding *nudge*
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:49 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah...hey, my prediction of a zillion might just come true!
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:09 am
Nate says...

Actually Brian is a bit wrong... based on the data I have, I'd have to shut down the site after 1,250 users joined due to lack of funds. The problem is that each new member increases the bandwidth used by the site by about two megabytes per day. Right now, my maximum bandwidth per month is 75 GB and we only use 20 of those gigabytes. At somewhere between 1,000 and 1,250 members, I'll start running out of bandwidth. Of course, we may not even make it to that number. Although, I also did not think I'd be contemplating having 300 users before April.

Anyways, I'm sure I would find some way to fund the site. Donations are one possibility, and so is a YWS store with T-shirts and such. I'll also probably apply for the Google Adsense program once the site hits about 500 users. I promise, though, never, ever to have anything besides text ads; anything else is just way too annoying.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:45 am
Nate says...

Just to give everyone a heads up, there is now a "Monthly Predictions Contest" page in the Contests forum under the "Writing Activities" category. Details about the contest are explained there.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:19 am
Emma says...

I know!

Take the site away from the search engines and it will just be us! Bawahahaha, no one will know we exist and also, you will still have any easy fund thing migjiggy.

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words