z

Young Writers Society

I finally met him!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:28 pm
Via says...

I like the random warnings to people that read the headstones...no wonder graveyards are longstanding "creepy" places.

Nope, I don't have anymore. Those are the two best stones at the church....almost all of them look like the one of the bottom. They have been warn away so bad, the dust and the fire and excess water from 9/11 really didn't help much. Many are sunken into the ground far on one side, many actually falling apart just from being old. It's really cool though. :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:16 pm
evabudlong says...

Hello, I was wonderfully surprised and excited to see your post. I'm descended from William Coit and Rose (Jacobs) Landon through their son Edward. My grandfather was Cecil Landon and my mother was his daughter Dorothy Lorraine (Landon) Young. My name is Mary Beth (Young) Burleigh. I am very interested in genealogy (maybe the word is obsessed). I have been posting gravestone pictures of the family at findagrave.com. Do you really have pictures of Bill and Rose, and perhaps other family members? I scarcely dare to believe it. Would you be willing to share these pictures with me? I would gladly pay for any processing charges. I don't know where you're located but a copy of the Landon genealogy book is located in the Manchester (Vermont) library. I would love to share what I have learned through my research.
I hold my breath waiting for your reply...... Mary Beth

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:31 pm
Cassus Animus says...

That's pretty cool, how did you go about finding your relatives? Wonder if I was related to anyone in an important war...I can only assume I have some family that fought in WWII on the wrong side (German).

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

You do realize this thread is over two years old? The first post is in 06.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 pm
Cassus Animus says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:You do realize this thread is over two years old? The first post is in 06.

Should really pay attention to those dates...*face palm* XD

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates