z

Young Writers Society

Just Thought I'd Brag...

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:17 am
View Likes
Sam says...

ha ha...i'm not really sure if this would be in 'News' or here...ha ha...just bragging.

National Geographic Bee

Which country does not border the Baltic Sea--Austria, Estonia, or Latvia? [austria] To see the Altai Mountains and to climb the Four Holy Peaks around Ulaanbaatar, you would travel to what country? [? i'll check] What term is used for the type of heat energy within the Earth that can be used to generate electricity? [geothermal] If you can answer questions such as these, you might do well in the National Geographic Bee. On January 10th, Lux held the 2005 School-Level Competition with 14 students participating. All students performed admirably! After the championship round, Sam ___ emerged as runner-up, and Preston ___ as winner! Great job Lux participants! Congratulations Preston and Sam!

-My school newsletter (if you're really picky Nate I can find the copyright thingamabob and whatever)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:08 pm
Firestarter says...

Well done!

That question in the paragraph regarding the Baltic Sea was pretty easy, seeing as Austria is landlocked.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia