z

Young Writers Society

Narrative Device - A fun AI storytelling tool

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:00 pm
tinny says...

Narrative Device is a fun little AI tool by PhD student Rodolfo Ocampo. Give it two themes, hit generate, and it will use an AI (GPT-3, a language prediction model trained on the internet) to create the first paragraph of a story combining the two for you. It will generate something different every time you click the button!

Here are some of my recent favourites (though my preferred themes have a clear bias haha)

a spider and live volcanoes
It was a dark and stormy night, and a spider was desperately searching for a place to hide. Suddenly, she saw a live volcano in the distance. She ran towards it, and as she got closer, she could see the lava bubbling and seething. She was so excited to see it, she didn't even notice the deadly snakes that were waiting for her.

insects and cyber punk
The cyberpunk in me loved the thrill of the hunt, the excitement of the chase. But there was something else at play as well- something darker, something more primal. I loved the way insects smelled, the way they scurried and buzzed around. I loved the way they were so small, so vulnerable, and yet they were the ones that could destroy me.

corporate takeover and toucan
As the sun set, the corporate takeover of Toucan Island was complete. All the plants and animals had been rounded up and placed into pens. The humans had taken over the island, and it seemed like nothing could stop them.

Enron and flying pigs
The Enron scandal rocked the world in 2001, and it was all because of flying pigs. The company had been using a special type of energy called "enron power" to power their planes, and it just didn't work. The pigs started flying all over the place and crashing into things, and Enron was in trouble.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 pm
NewHope says...

I love this and it has inspired me.

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu