Native American or Alaskan Native
No votes

Total votes : 18

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:53 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Hello! This is a poll for the racial demographics on YWS. I am curious to what the diversity is on this website. You can choose up to 4 options on this poll; if you identify with more than 4 ethnicities, please make a comment down below. If there is anything I can do to better compose this survey, please let me know.

As I am white, I cast the first vote. If you can please insert your data to get the most accurate read on this website!
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:50 pm
View Likes
Arcticus says...

Just a reminder that some of these are regional/geographic identifiers rather than ethnic/racial identifiers. For instance, geographically, I'm between Central and South Asian, but that's not my ethnicity, which is Dardic.

Also, you can add more options to the poll, many major ethnicities have been left out. Just saying this so that you can improve your poll and get better stats. Nice poll/survey idea!
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

I think this is a cool idea! Just a heads-up, and @Arcticus hinted at this already, but because the YWS membership base is so international, the racial categories might not actually reflect how people self-identify. In other words, these racial categories are frequently used in the United States, but even in culturally similar countries like Canada, this question looks different when it comes to the national census, etc.

The discussion about race and ethnicity depends on which country you come from. You may want to consider the following document for more information on these differences: https://unstats.un.org/sdgs/files/meeti ... orning.pdf

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:04 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

@Lavvie, thank you for the source and your feedback. I am from the United States, so that is why this is formatted in such a way.

@Arcticus, thank you for your feedback. I realize now that I left out a lot of things because of my American perspective.

I know I need to change this survey. At the moment, with my limited perspective, I can only think of two courses of action. I could broaden the range of classification to make it more inclusive, with more general categories for people to identify under. Or maybe I could add more categories overall, increasing the specific options, though that may lead to a mammoth list overall. What do you suggest I do? Or is there another way I could take this that I can’t see?
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne