Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Community » Lounge, The

Dixie Kitchen: Are Pop Tarts Actually Ravioli?

Are Pop Tarts Actually Ravioli?

Yes
21%
No
50%
Jack why do you still create these polls
29%

Total votes : 34

742 Reviews

Reviews: 742

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:58 pm
View Likes
LZPianoGirl says...

I would say no, because by definition filling has to be inside a noodle to be ravioli. And I really don't think poptarts filling inside of a noodle would be very good.
~My Writing and Random Stuff Tumblr~
~ I'm The YWS Mechanic ~ Stop On By ~

“Everybody remembers it how they need to, right?”
- Tommy Devito, Jersey Boys

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:58 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Is there even any frosting on that?!

I make my own policies.

1139 Reviews

Reviews: 1139
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:59 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

As a ravioli fan, I’m going to say no because ravioli is a pasta and pop tarts are a breakfast/dessert/snack thing and the base is more of a bread rather than a pasta.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1013 Reviews

Reviews: 1013
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:47 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ooof it's a no from me too.

Also the only valid poptart option is the cinnamon/brown sugar one, the rest are YIKES ™ in my opinion.

Also for those who put yes, explain yourselves please. XD
maybe i make up colors for poetic cadence, but i don't think i can ever love someone who doesn't understand that teal is a different color than dark cyan

570 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 570
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:35 pm
View Likes
Magebird says...

I had a visceral reaction to both the question and the photo, but what really disturbs me is how you spell poptarts with a space.
[ mage ]

she/her
they/them

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 pm
View Likes
Vil says...

No.

Reason First:
Poptarts is one word, not two.

Reason Second:
If by "Dixie" you mean "Southern," then definitely no-- partially because Poptarts are more-or-less a common Southern "any time of the day food" whereas pasta (e.g. RAVIOLI) is more of a "heyyy, we have money left over fr'm when we sold all-uh that there home made deer jerky, let's go pretend to be th' rich folks and get som nice, fancy foodstuff!"

Reason THird:
...no, dude. Just no.
Hey, it's me, Vilnius! But it's not @Vilnius, it's @Vil.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44

803 Reviews

Reviews: 803
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:58 pm
View Likes
ShadowVyper says...

Magebird wrote:I had a visceral reaction to both the question and the photo, but what really disturbs me is how you spell poptarts with a space.

@Magebird I'm gonna have to fite you here ;) pop-tarts or pop tarts is acceptable, but it is most assuredly not a single word lol
"im like a cockroach" - Carina

"THE FEARSOME SHADOWVYPER aka sad fishie" - Tuckster

"fearsome fishy" - Carina

1013 Reviews

Reviews: 1013
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:05 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

The package seems to spell it "pop•tarts" so I guess it's up to interpretation of whether a dot is closer to a grammatical hyphen, space, or firework. In hindsight I think the hyphen may be the best course of action.

But also consider:
Pop;tarts ? A semi-colon has a dot right in it!

Or to be inclusive of those who prefer to say soda rather than pop -> soda•tarts.

Also I'm much more comfortable with pop•tarts being labled donuts, pizza pockets, or squashed pies than ravioli!
maybe i make up colors for poetic cadence, but i don't think i can ever love someone who doesn't understand that teal is a different color than dark cyan

742 Reviews

Reviews: 742
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:04 pm
View Likes
CaptainJack says...

This was an anonymous submission btw folks. I just chose one of the many controversial options from my inbox.

Also for the people who evidently don't know: My Squills culinary column is called Dixie Kitchen. I tag the beginning of all of my food polls with the title of my columns so that I can find them later on. Next week I'll be featuring some even crazier stuff if y'all are up in arms about this.

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:44 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

alliyah wrote:Ooof it's a no from me too.

Also the only valid poptart option is the cinnamon/brown sugar one, the rest are YIKES ™ in my opinion.

Also for those who put yes, explain yourselves please. XD

Chocolate is the only way to fly.

Fight me.

(also, they're both delicious, just. You know. Not at the same time)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:41 am
View Likes
Vulcanite says...

For me no,
reason: Pop Tarts and Ravioli are two separate things, I should no I like my pasta, also the picture that you have that has them possibly mixed together, is just them throwing it all in to the same thing, and selling the Pop Tarts and the Ravioli together. but it doesn't mean that it's the same thing.
Vulcanite Gliding over Amacratis!
Some will say that she seldomly fly's over the green room, and drops reviews were ever she lands!
Happy Writing Everyone! :wink:

"The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them."
— Louis C.K.