z

Young Writers Society

Instagram writing

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 am
View Likes
Rascalover says...

Hey y’all I was looking to grow my writing account on Instagram. It’s under the name @teatimetiffany do y’all have writing accounts elsewhere too??
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ah neat! If I did instagram I would definitely be sharing poetry :D

As a quick mod-note I'm going to post this quote from the Internet Safety Guide just to caution users from sharing personal-instagram accounts with personal info (though ones that are just for writing are totally okay to share!)

Any social media account that includes personal information for either yourself or location is not allowed to be posted on YWS. These include, but are not limited to, Facebook profiles, Snapchat, Instagram, Google plus, Tik Tok, and GoFundMe. If the accounts are fan/author accounts that do not include any of your personal identifying information and are not being used to solicit money they may be allowed on a case by case basis.

Right now I'm trying to share less of my poetry on twitter & even YWS to a degree just because sometimes that can become a pain to remove when I submit it to try to get published for some contests - I do occasionally share things on "Poetry Circle" (poetrycircle.com) which is like YWS in some ways except just poetry, and no community forum aspect - but if I'm looking for quick feedback (not necessarily reviews/critiques) sometimes I'll post there - mainly I just read poems there though. (my username there is predictably "alliyah" in case anyone else is on that site) I think there is a huge benefit of sharing your poetry on multiple platforms / with multiple groups of people though, especially if you're interested in getting published so that your poetry doesn't become an echo-chamber and to get a variety of perspectives in feedback - wrote a squills article about that a few months ago actually.

I tried to get into "The Literature Network" (http://www.online-literature.com/forums/forum.php) which has a lot of similarities to YWS actually as well, and seems fairly active, but I forgot my password and wasn't very invested in it, so haven't checked it out again for a long time. But if I end up having some spare time again (some day!) I may try to give it another chance!

Have you tried out any other lit sites @Rascalover?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:54 am
View Likes
Rascalover says...

I haven’t tried any other sites, but I’d love some suggestions!!
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison