z

Young Writers Society

Hard back vs Paper back

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:38 pm
View Likes
EverLight says...

How dare you make me decide which class of book is better!!
I love the way Hardbacks feel in my hand, and they tend to last longer, whereas Paperbacks are somewhat easier to handle, store, and read. But I don't think it really doesn't matter so as long as your reading.
However, if you shook my leg and forced me to tell, I'd say Hardbacks are better.
I'm winning at life!

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:46 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Hard decision, but I like hardbacks the best.

I feel like hardback books feel more like... books. I don't know, But I always feel better with a hardback than a paperback. Paperbacks always get mutilated in my backpack or some other place, so I like the secureness that comes with a hardback.

Also, as @Liberty said, I use the library, so price doesn't matter. Unless I really want a book, and its a 10-15 dollar difference between the hardback and paperback, then I will choose the paperback. Thats the ONLY exception. I have also never read a book online, unless I was listening to an audiobook.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:46 pm
View Likes
Vita says...

Personally, I prefer paperback, for the following reason: Most library books are hardback, at least at my library. I have nothing against library books, of course, but if it's a book I own, it feels more mine somehow if it's paperback. I guess I just associate hardback books with books I have to be super careful with and not mess up, but a paperback book I can enjoy until it falls apart.
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
-Hypatia Of Alexandria

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." -Sir Terry Pratchett

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain