z

Young Writers Society

The: SIMS 2

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:14 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeh. I had a bit of help from my dad when I couldn't do some parts by myself, cos I'm rubbish with tools. I used a guide in my PC magazine too, but it was fun....well okay it wasn;t, but it's great when you see the final version!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:18 pm
Emma says...

I would love to build a computer by my self, but I'd end up killing my self with the complacations. Like where all the wires go. And proberly I'd fall asleep trying to read the PC mag. Anyway where did you get that info from, about windows 2000?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Firestarter says...

About Windows 2000? We had it ourselves for a while and our computer screwed up. So I guess that's why I don't like it. We changed back to '98 until XP came along and I built my own computer. My friends don't like it either. It's just personal experience.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

683 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:26 pm
Emma says...

Hmmmm. I actullay liked windows 98. I got to play the settlers game! :P
When dad gave me 2000 I went in a mood, but at least it worked a bit better. But what really upset me, is that I couldn't play my old games, they just wouldnt work.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:47 pm
Sophie says...

I just haven't bought it yet, which in a way is a good thing because I know I would be totally addicted to it and never leave the computer. And knowing me I'd probably end up falling in love with a male Sim and won't be able to stop thinking about him because thats how pathetic I am...

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:56 pm
Sam says...

i don't have a dvd drive either which is a problem...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:28 am
Emma says...

Omg, Sophie, okay, you are aloud to make ur own cute guy. But I dont think you'll fall in love with him.

And Sam, you can get the 4 cd version which works on your normal drive. If you want the dvd version then you MUST have a dvd drive.

683 Reviews

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:51 am
Emma says...

No one else gonna talk about the all time BEST game ever? :cry:

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:54 pm
Mattie says...

My friend and I used to play the Sims for like, about a month, then it got old. I was so bored out of my mind after the first month, nothing new or anything and I have all the new games it comes out with...it's okay. Not the BEST game on earth, but absolutly the most fun...when you have never played it and this is your first time. As for the computers, I have a Dell with XP, it never crashes and it's really fast, I can download about fifty songs for my Ipod and it never misses a beat. I say, it's the best one around considering all the older models.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Supermal says...

I think it is alright. I don't play it very often, but when I do, I always have some fun. My mom is practically addicted to it (lol). I have XP and my game plays at a reasonable speed, only going slow once and a while. Some people with a better game card say that the graphics are excellent, but with a game card that isn't so great, things like the water showing red can be a bother.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

683 Reviews

Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:20 pm
Emma says...

I just cant see people doing the toliet or their reflections in the mirror! DAMN PROCESSOR! My dad says I need as following:

A Processor
A Graphics Card
A memory Card

I think thats why it plays so slow and I cant see the sims doing the toliet and reading the mag at the same time!

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:47 pm
Laeorn says...

From what I've seen playing The Sims 2 on various computers, the game is much more limited by how much RAM (memory) you have than anything else. If you have XP or 2000 or NT, you're going to need 512MB. 256MB will work, but it will cripple the game on what they have listed as a minimum system requirement. The processor and video card don't have a huge impact, although if you have a built-in video card (it'll say 'on-board' or something similar in your system information) that too will render the game nearly unplayable.

I have a pathetic computer by today's standards - P3-866Mhz, 512MB RAM, and a 32MB GeForce 2 video card - and the game runs fine. It does slow down a little when visiting community lots or when a lot of Sims are on-screen at once, but when playing with a two or three person family in a moderately size house, the game runs quite smooth.

I love the game - I was never the biggest fan of the first game, but the second just does so many things better, from creating Sims to the new world they can live in. The wants are also nice, too, as the first game had very little in the way of goals other than advancing in a career of your choice. The memories are a nice touch, too, and how Sims can hold grudges against each other. It's also neat - if a little creepy - making a Sim of yourself and then using the game's gene system to see what your kid might look like. I haven't played it much lately (I'm on a Gran Turismo 4 and Morrowind binge) but I have a couple of towns full of crazy characters, from pirates to trailer trash and even a brothel run by an old fat man in a white tux.

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria