1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:37 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Pep Talk Week XXXVIII, which is to say 38 if you're bad at Roman numerals

Spoiler! :

I feel kind of bad because I forgot Ten had all these lovely peptalks and SB-type things early on, and here I've been tagging people so they don't forget their chapters, and that's it.

(And sometimes I forget to do that.)

So! I figured we were about due for a pep talk, especially with NaNoWriMo coming up...in a few hours for me, and some of you have already started!

(Ignoring the fact that "some of you" is like 3 people at this point, because there are only four of us still going and one of those four is actually a Rogue anyway but shhhh.)

It won't be a grand pep talk with helpful links and strategies like the old ones, because it is nearly my bedtime, I have some late-night cookies calling my name, and I have two other things I'm supposed to be doing right now. But I thought of you guys and wanted to say something.

I believe in you.

Cheesy, I know. But look at you go, kids! Each one of you has been diligently plugging away at the same story for nine months now. That's amazing, guys.

~wants to draw comparisons to pregnancy but doesn't because actually pregnancy is much harder~

You've stuck with the same project for months now, through deadlines and doubt. And look how far you've gotten! By now you're up to at least 37,000 words, likely more around the 50k mark (or even higher).

And I don't know if you've been reading along with everyone's stories, but there were some awesome plot twists and revelations last week.

You're a trooper.

Not many people can do what you're doing. Just look how many started. Think about how many never even tried!

So as we head into the insanity of NaNoWriMo and add that to our workload, remember: you have achieved so much more than you ever thought you could. And I am proud of you.

With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.
— Rick Riordan, The Heroes of Olympus