z

Young Writers Society

If your novel was a movie, what would be its final song?

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:43 am
View Likes
Willard says...

I had this idea in the shower.

Let's say, if your novel was adapted into a movie, and once the credits start rolling, what song would you have playing and why?

Would it be depressing, smoothing, or some 2000's rock song? If you had a drama about a family crisis, would a professional score sound better than Limp Bizkit? Personally, I would have Fred Durst end anything, but you can't always get your way.

Anywho, the song I would have to end my planned novel's movie is Engine by Neutral Milk Hotel (song included in the spoiler). The reason why is because the song is overall wonderful, blissful, and in its own way beautiful. It just seems like the ideal closing song.

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

The only novel I've finished ended in a situation similar to the entire plot of 25th Hour, and the ending scene was the main character holding the love interest in a hotel room bed while he waited for the cops to come for him. And always in my head, the perfect ending was Westfall by Okkervil River.

phpBB [media]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:31 am
DiskElemental says...

My current NaNo project ends with the protagonists being forced to choose between two equally distasteful options. They never asked for it, they don't want to make it, they're forced to choose. And the choice nearly destroys them.

So... the best song I can think of is Runaway by The National. A perfect mixture of anger, melancholia, resignation, acceptance, and hope. Exactly the kind of attitude I want to leave the audience with.

phpBB [media]
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:43 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Well, Hayden's the only novel I've finished, to use the phrase very loosely, and music's actually a pretty important element of the story. I guess the ending's a bit melancholy, but still hopeful. It's not a happy ending, but there's still the possibility of everything being okay at some point down the track. It'd also have to be something in a vaguely rock-ish genre. I haven't found a song that has quite the blend of emotions, but both "Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll" by The Killers and "Middle Names" by Ceres have a sort of angst to them without being totally miserable that I'd like my story to end on.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 am
BellaRoma says...

You Found Me by Kelly Clarkson. No question.
Layla would be on stage, playing a gig, singing it in the final scene (which fades into the credits)

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]
Last edited by BellaRoma on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:58 pm
Lefty says...

Coming Home (Part 2) - Skylar Grey
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

This has been in my head for a while and has sort of served as some inspiration to get me into the story when I start writing. I haven't finished this book yet, but I'm getting super close, and I've had how it ends in my head for a long time. Through the whole book they've been fighting this war and at the very end they end it. One of the main characters almost dies and the other one heals him with magic she didn't know she had. It sort of ends with them looking over this battlefield, knowing that it's finally over, finally being at peace that everyone is safe and that they have each other, and thinking about a bright new future. I felt the song fit that feeling really well.

This is kinda fun. It's not just me who thinks about these things. :P
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:27 pm
StellaThomas says...

I don't have an ending song, but I have an opening one:

phpBB [media]

This is for Unruly, and it pretty perfectly sums up the "why the hell did somebody kidnap Alicia" vibe that's going on for most of the novel.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:23 pm
Amnesia says...

It could depend on what the reader feels is appropriate but right now the way the Novel sounds is basically having Raye and Raven looking for a home, looking for Raye's family. so im picking the song that reminds me of home.

Home-One Direction

Don't laugh it's an amazing song.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 am
deleted5 says...

Opening
phpBB [media]

Ending
phpBB [media]
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm
micamouth says...

Well, I have no finished novels. Forgotten Fire already has an 'outro' thing though - Above the Clouds of Pompeii by Bear's Den.

phpBB [media]

Just listen to the words - a son's song to his father, talking about his dead mother and other things o.o
formerly Sagitta

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith