z

Young Writers Society

What age did you start writing at?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:19 am
View Likes
Mea says...

When I was probably nine, I started writing this story about a robber who stole my piggy bank and how my sister and I teamed up to catch him. Sadly I never finished it.

I kind of dropped writing for a while after that. I was 13 when I started trying to write a book, but I never got past the prologue. I've only started writing consistently in the last year or so.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:26 am
View Likes
hermione315 says...

I first started writing when I was about five years old and entering kindergarten. I wrote little books about my imaginary friend named Molly. The were very simple, but fun. Yeah, I started reading and writing from a younger age than most, and it has always been a big part of me. I've grown quite a bit since the Molly books though. :)

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:55 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

I was 4 and determined to get on the show "reading rainbow" so i started writing. I stopped when i was 7 because of personal issues at the time and it took the work of a writing teacher who saw what others failed to see, she coaxed me back into writing short stories and about 4 almost 5 years ago Little Sister was born (my current novel) it has gone through so many changes since i was 13
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:52 am
View Likes
AlexandraD says...

When I learned how to write in elementary.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:29 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

I started writing (as far as I could remember when I was 10) but, I was creating stories in my head since I was very little. (Like in first grade.)
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:44 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

I kicked out "LOL" in my mothers womb before I left.

......no I am not a prodigy ;-;
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 am
View Likes
ShakespeareWallah says...

I wrote a story that had something to do with stones and villages and weird people and Gandhi.

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 am
View Likes
deleted21 says...

9. I was 9 back then. I wrote a story about a cockroach family and their wedding.

Wait! I should find that one and post here!!! xxx

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sun May 10, 2015 10:43 am
View Likes
steampowered says...

It's complicated for me... I think I was about 5 when I first started writing (weird stories about dinosaurs and flying buses) then I stopped for a few years, then I started again when I was about 10 because of writing fanfiction. I stopped again for a few years after receiving some crushing criticism on a story I was proud of, and only wrote occasionally after that. Then I made friends with someone who was a keen writer, and ended up finishing a long story for the first time (with her encouragement) not long after, which I think was what gave me confidence.

I'd say my first "real" writing emerged when I was about 13. :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun May 10, 2015 11:24 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

12 it was for an English assignment where we had to write a myth and I based my own off of the myth of the abduction of Persephone, except we had to come up with our own mythology and I wondered how the story would turn out if it wasn't the role of Persephone that was abducted but her parents.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun May 10, 2015 12:28 pm
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

I was 11 when I started writing with the intent of finishing a full length novel. I didn't start writing poetry till I was 18-19ish?
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sun May 10, 2015 1:35 pm
View Likes
Sherri says...

I think I first started writing in Kindergarten; since my mom had taught me how to read and write before then, the teacher let me skip that part of 'class' as long as I was either reading or writing. It was mostly silly stuff with no plot or direction. xD
I stopped for a long time, then started up again when I was 10 and kept writing up until now. I, like quite a few people up here, started back writing with the intent to finish a book of mine that had been brewing in my head for a while. It's changed so much in the last 7 years, though, that it's nearly unrecognizable all save for the layout of the land. xD When I was 12 I wrote a poem for my mom on Mother's Day for the first time, and she loved it so much my family managed to guilt me into making it a tradition. I now write poetry for every card, for every holiday, and for every person. A need for change later brought me around to darker poetry, which I now love.
* Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long-fall boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot... *
I love GLaDOS...

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Thu May 21, 2015 2:12 am
View Likes
Harker says...

I probably started in third grade, when I was 9 or so.

My friend had a birthday party, and I showed up early. While we waited for the guests to arrive, her mom brought out pencils and paper and told us to write some poetry (odd request, I know :D). I sat there in silence as my friend painstakingly began her poem.

Then I started to write... and I haven't stopped since.

(By the way, the poem actually ended up winning a local writing award. I was ecstatic. ;))
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:48 pm
View Likes
artybirdy says...

I started writing at 16!
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm
View Likes
beans says...

Probably when I was in first or second grade.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman