z

Young Writers Society

Cigarettes and Alcohol?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:54 am
View Likes
hawk says...

(I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to post this) But when did you first try them?

Terrible I know, but everyone’s tried/drank one or is going to. It’s like, almost part of growing up.

My brother gave me my first cigarette, I was 13 or something. It was a rollie, and I felt so sick afterwards. As for beer, the cane cutters on the farm where I live let me have a stubby once when the season was over. I was around 10, and it tasted vile.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:20 pm
View Likes
Bobo says...

I hever have tried them and never will. It's pointless.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:51 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Drink first. I got a bit into smoking in the beginning of ninth grade, but only for a month or so when my potential intimate said, "If you smoke, I'm not going out with you". So I stopped (thank god). I'm in the habit of having wine with my dinner (and only about 4 ounces) and once every five months or so getting pretty drunk... though not throw-up drunk. That's gross. I just like getting all weird and happy once in a while. Last time was... August. So I'm overdue.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:46 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

i havent tried them and never ever plan to because you're just poisioning your body
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:32 pm
View Likes
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Yeah, i said that when i was 15 too!
I'll try alcohol on occasion. I don't make it a habbit to drink more than just a taste of something i havent tried before, or sake. sake is good. goooooood sake. i figure when i turn 21 ill enjoy more than just a taste of sake, but i still dont plan on ever being a drinker.

cigarettes are another issue entirely. first and foremost, i dont have a problem with people smoking, so long as they arent friends of mine, dont do it anywhere where i will ever smell it, see it, or hear of it, and dont do it around any children, especially their own. despite my severe alergy to cigarettes, i can avoid the exessive couging and nausia (if i inhale enough i would actually throw up, and shortly after pass out from the pain, when my lungs filled with fluid and my trachea started to close from the swelling) after which i would have about a 1 in three chance of dying. even without the alergy, i would feel the same. i felt like that before the alergy had taken effect.

yay for Gal for quitting!!
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:28 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Alcohol...I've had a sip or two every now and then, but I've never gotten drunk or anything. I'm too good for that. I will probably end up experimenting sometime in high school or college, but I plan to be careful and not get really drunk or anything. My mom's best friend's son nearly died from alcohol poisoning this past summer. And he didn't have that much! And he's only 15!

As for smoking, nuh uh, no way am I ever going to try them. My uncle smoked for most of his life. He had to have open-heart surgery. I'm not putting myself through that.

i havent tried them and never ever plan to because you're just poisioning your body

In our dreams, MG. If you're not ever going to EVER, you're not human. Nice ideals though.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

38 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:35 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

niteowl i really dont know anyone that would have partys with drugs or beer.i think u know me anough.plus i cant smoke or drink because of my facro 5 lieden for some reason.
I rock my socks

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:40 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

My dad's given me a few sips of wine. Too bitter for me. He's also given me a shot of this HORRIBLE liquor! Well, some alcoholic drink. Only took a sip of it. Gosh it was aweful!

I don't plan on ever getting drunk or drinking beer. Maybe I'll drink a little of something now and then. My mom keeps drinking(well, when she drinks she likes drinking) something called Amarillo, I think. I might have that when I'm 21. In small quanities and not often.

As for smoking, I will never do it. I hate the smell and hate it when people smoke. My dad smokes, but it seems like he's not doing it that often. His room at his office didn't reek of the smell earlier this month when I walked in it. He makes sure he never smokes inside our house. He tried to stop once, and for a while he did, but then he got back on it. I blame tax season.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

38 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:48 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

smoking is one of the badest habits that you can get into and eventually kills.i hate it when people smoke.i once had to go to this funeral for some uncle i never met.well about3/4 of the people there were smoking horrible
I rock my socks

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:24 am
View Likes
Zion says...

Excatly. I drink wine and coctails mostly, not that I drink them daily as well. Cigars are very bad. With every cigar you smoke (or inhale, becasue is just the same as smoking) you reduce your lifespan for 5min. Even so it majorly reduces gentic materlial (coffe as well but not at the same rate as cigars). I only tryed a cigar once, and I hated it. A bunch of curled up smoke in my mouth.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:51 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

I haven't tried smoking.. I don't think I will, either. I can't stand the smell.. it makes me sick, and I have asthma, so it's not a good combo lol.

I haven't had any alcohol yet either, but I'm sure I will someday. I'm gonna try to wait until I'm 21 lol. I can't stand the smell of beer, but I think I will try margaritas and wine. *shrugs*
Love and Light

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:28 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

niteowl wrote:

In our dreams, MG. If you're not ever going to EVER, you're not human. Nice ideals though.

Well, I hope I'm not human. My dad's 50 and he's never had either.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:56 am
View Likes
Soyala Amaya says...

Damn....I feel so...sinner compared to all of you good guys and gals. I'm not a smoker, but I've smoked both cigarettes, cigars(never say no to a black and mild), even tried a pipe once. I've been to parties, gotten drunk off my rocker, had some horrible concotions, and even tried to have drunken sex once. It's not a good combination, but it makes a hilarious story. (Did you know that guys have trouble staying up when intoxicated? But that's a side note) Erm...my grossest combination would half to have been when we tried to make screwdrivers but didn't have any orange juice so we used tomato juice...absolutely noxious. I also got rather tipsy on rum and pepsi before finals day last year, went to school, and still got better on my English final than my friend LaTriece did.

I feel dirty...and I'm pretty sure most of you are older than me... :twisted: all riiiiight! My goal to completely obliterate the good little Christian me is complete! Mwahahaha!
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on E-bay.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:01 am
View Likes
hawk says...

Strangely enough, it's kind of a part of your culture. In Australia, anyone who doesn't drink beer isn't regarded as being very sociable. Smoking is different, but it's kind of pointless going about with your eyes closed, refusing to even try something like that. Neither of my parents smoke, but my father used to when he was younger. So what? There’s no big deal, it really doesn't matter if you've never tried one. But really, it’s completely up to you. I have friends who never will smoke.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) Australians don't have to wait until they're 21 to legally buy alcohol and cigarettes, we're legal at eighteen.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:19 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Bobo wrote:[quote="niteowl
Well, I hope I'm not human. My dad's 50 and he's never had either.

Bobo, chill.

Personally, I think smoking (anything) is kind of foolish, but I can also see it as a way out, a way to make yourself happy when nothing else can...same for drinking, though I'm sure the occasional champagne or wine for special occasons (over 21 of course) would be fine.

I have never tried smoking or drinking of any kind, tohugh I'm sure I will have something to drink eventually, most likely the finest of the fine....nothing heavy, and in very small quantities...I have an addictive personality, so I'm not gonna gve myself a reason to get into a bad habit.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer