z

Young Writers Society

Cigarettes and Alcohol?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:05 pm
View Likes
QiGuaiGongFu says...

people generally think they have a higher tolerance for alcohol than they actually do. your drunk long before you think you are.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:31 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Drinking is an at-home thing for me. I am a designated driver for a lot of people. And, strange enough, a lot of them aren't even my friends. Mostly neighbors and friends of neighbors and all that. My cell phone number has been scattered way, way, way away from the original circle, and now I get calls at least twice a week for someone who needs a ride. They often give me money, but seeing as my mom pays for gas... well... I kinda make a living this way. Nothing big, but enough so I can get a movie ticket once a week or so...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:46 pm
View Likes
Galatea says...

I like my drinking! But generally I try not to get drunk (unless I'm at a party with some friends, then I sort of go nuts . . .) I had a bad experience my sophmore year of highschool with parties, so I'm much more careful now than I was then. Hard lesson to have learned. I like to think I'm a safe drinker, and I've never been so drunk that I've lost my awareness of the world around me.

I recently quite smoking, due mostly to my (now) boyfriend's constant...ahem...assistence. He's allergic to tobacco smoke.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:58 pm
View Likes
Brian says...

I get an asthma attack whenever I even get close to a cigarrete so, needless to say, I don't touch them.

As it concerns drinking alcoholic beverages, I do drink casually, but very rarely do I get drunk. I just have a big problem with losing control of myself; it's nice every once in a while, but it can be very frustrating to me if I can't concentrate. The biggest problem I have with alcohol though is that so many people use it as a means of escape, and that is not healthy. For instance, a lot of my friends cannot have fun unless they're drunk, and that to me is a big problem that they need to get resolved. Of course, I have my own unhealthy addiction to all things Spongebob.

Tessitore, that's cool of you! It sounds like a cool job.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:29 pm
View Likes
Wulie says...

drinking is good laugh when its in moderation live life let your hair down and drinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :) sorry in extreme hyper mood LA LA LA! ok really boring you now I shall dash
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:02 am
View Likes
VariousUndine says...

I don't smoke. I don't intend to, ever. It's disgusting. But somewhere down the line I probably will smoke for acting. Somewhere down the line I'll probably have every vice there is to have, eh.

I drink, though. When I'm cold, I mean. It's quite warm, and I like the taste of some drinks. Red wine, especially. But I've never drunken enough to get noticeably drunk. Swaying and things. That was once, I think, when I polished off my aunt's vodka martini and most of her margarita. And had to retain regality in stilettos. Alcohol tends to take the edge off my headaches since I generally have a lot of them (it comes wiff the insomnia). You'd think I'd take aspirin or something.
[size=0]"I know it's not a party if it happens every night/ pretending there's glamour and candlelabra when you're drinking by candlelight/ What does it take to get a drink in this place?"~ The Postal Service, "This Place Is A Prison" [/size]

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:30 am
Elelel says...

I've tasted alcohol, but I havn't drunk more than a sip at a time. When me and my siblings were little we used to pester our parents for a taste of their wine or beer. Every now and again they let us, but only really really tiny sips, so it was no more than a taste. Once dad let us have diluted wine, which I thought tasted absolutly horrible (probably because it was diluted so that it was practically all water) But we gradually lost interest in it because, I don't know, we just did (well, when you firbid something everyone does it. So it kind of worked letting us taste it because we lost interest.) I'm not really under alot of peer pressure all the time to drink and stuff, mainly because I'm a geek. I've never stolen any at a party or anything.
Cigarettes? I hold my breath when I walk past people who smoke. I think it's disgusting. I don't think I'll ever be persuaded to breath that filth in on purpose. I hate it too much.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:00 am
View Likes
hawk says...

I used to have a glass of alcohol almost every day, usually just something like white wine, mellow red wine or champagne, but when I woke up one morning, and hadn't anything to eat until lunch time, the first thing had was champagne. It was just half a glass, but straight away I felt light-headed and weird.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:33 am
View Likes
Ego says...

I love reading other people's opinions....and I love it even more when no one is mad at each other for expressing them...it's just so...not mean.

anyway, back on topic, I'm not sure if I've posted here or not, but I'm against smoking (anything) and drinking in large quantities--I'll still wait till I'm 21 (legal age) to drink needless to say.

I have no problem with those who drink/ smoke, as long as they keep it away from me....most of the people I know are not the poeple I know when they are drunk, if that made any sense whatsoever.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn