z

Young Writers Society

Tea!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

So I love tea. Green tea, black tea, herbal tea, all is well if there is a warm mug of tea in my hand.

(I'll have milk and half a teaspoon of sugar please)

BUT. I can't enjoy tea without slurping it. Do you slurp your tea? Or do you consider it horrible manners? What kind of tea do you prefer? Do you like yours sweeter or bitter?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 pm
View Likes
MarbleToast says...

Chai lattes hit the spot for me, and it's always milky, two sugars. Plus you can't enjoy tea by daintily sipping it- you need to take hearty slurps.
Dreams sprout tall so beautiful
to wither and fall off
Old and dusty, creaky and rough
This clockwork will not rest

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:49 pm
View Likes
MooCowPoop says...

I drink tea with a spoon. I don't enjoy gulping it down because it is usually too hot for me to do so!

The kinds of teas I prefer are mint tea, peppermint tea, and apple cinnamon tea. I don't really like drinking tea without sugar.

The worst tea I've ever had (without sugar) was chrysantheum tea. It was so bitter! And the smell made my head hurt.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 pm
Spotswood says...

If tea were beer, I would have died of alcohol poisoning by age 13

four to six cups a day...if I use the microwave I do it for 2 minutes and 40 seconds.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm
Spotswood says...

It works just as well. You've never done it? Sometimes the kettle just takes to long and you need it right away. Theres really no difference
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:59 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Oh, fun topic! I'm actually not a HUGE fan of tea (I prefer coffee really) but I'll stick drink it.

Heheh, since my mother would kill me if I drank a pot of coffee at night, I sometimes have a cup of tea while writing. Just regular black tea usually.

The thing that I don't like about microwaving tea, is that I heard that it kills all the good stuff in it. With all the radiation or what have you it kills all the stuff that is typically good for you. Just what I heard. Don't know if it's accurate, but thought I'd share. ;) So tea is pretty cool! but coffee is waaayy better
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:10 am
TimmyJake says...

I love tea as long as it's caffeinated, 9:00 at night, and cold outside. xD
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:02 am
Cole says...

My girlfriend and I are huge tea fans. I love mine hot or iced and always use half-and-half and a teaspoon or two of honey or sugar (a lot of times I don't need any sweeteners, though).

I'm a big fan of chai tea with vanilla, but my most favorite brews are these:

-Black tea brewed with dried pumpkin rind, cinnamon bark, nutmeg, cloves, ginger root, cardamom, and marigold flowers

-Honeybush tea and black tea brewed with vanilla, peaches, apples, apricots, marigold flowers, and hibiscus flowers

-Black tea brewed with lavender flowers, orange peels, blue cornflowers, vanilla, and bergamot

-Black tea, pu erh tea, and lapsang souchong brewed with hazelnuts, cinnamon bark, cloves, safflower, ginger root, orange peels, aniseed, and chocolate chips

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:04 am
Masquerade says...

I love tea! I drink lots of different kinds of tea, but I think black teas are my favorite. Especially with milk. I also really like some chai teas and jasmine tea. I usually don't put a lot of sugar, if any, in my tea. Tea is definitely one of my favorite things to drink, though!
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:31 am
Kale says...

As much as I love coffee, I also love teas of all sorts, though my favorites tend to be green teas. I drink them straight, without cream or sugar, and strong. My teeth are really sensitive, so I usually let my tea steep until it's cool enough for me to drink, and then I either leave the tea bag in or drain the leaves, depending on which I used to brew it. Good quality tea leaves are awesome, and you can reuse them at least twice; they also don't go bitter despite how long you steep them for.

It's also worth noting that herbal teas aren't truly teas since they don't contain tea leaves. ;P They're actually infusions, though that makes them no less tasty. My favorite ones are mint, chamomile, bergamot, sorrel, and peach infusions. Good peach infusions are really hard to find, but so worth it when you do. I'm not really a fan of the other fruits though. Depending on the infusion, I'll sometimes add honey or even maple syrup. Chamomile with a hint of maple syrup is tasty.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Anyone ever had bubble tea? It's awesome!
100% autistic

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:58 am
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

^Well-spoken, my friend.
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

I'd been readinf this as Teal all along.
BUT TEA YES PLISS!

I'm more of a coffee person, with coffee being a family culture. As I was telling chat yesterday, it's been over 10 years of daily coffee no for me now. :o

I digress. I think tea is fantastic even though I started drinking tea only around 15/16! My favourites:

1. Chai - Black tea tea-dust boiled usually with a teeny bit of ginger and 1 piece of cardamom/elaichi and then with milk and sugar.

2. Earl grey - Bergamot. Mucho love!

3. Mint flavoured tea

4. Twinings chai tea bags - it's not quite as strong, but I like it's flavour especially when I want to drink something but not as heavy as chai

5. Oooh I love Jasmine and coconut flavoured bubble tea. :P

6. Masala Tea - with milk and a spoon of honey. This is best for sinus-ey noses and headaches and perfect for a rainy day on the porch talking to the friends/fam/neighbours.

7. For the colder varieties, I do like the sugary lemon ice tea, better if spiced with some mint leaves.

Tea sides : Murukku, samosa, kachori, Oma podi, Marie biscuits.

I always make chai with milk; but the others are just tea bags/water.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:18 pm
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I slurp! Always! I've been subjected to some digusted glances. Them slurpy though. Hmmm, hmmuhmmm. I remember this one day when I was deliberately slurping my way to annoy a friend. I think I over did it. >_< I choked and spilled the entire hot tumbler of tea on my lap. xO *tsk tsk*

I like ginger tea. Too good for sour throat.
Green tea with nada sugar. Yep, I take 'em like that. Literally. c:
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe