z

Young Writers Society

What are you currently reading?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:40 pm
Firestarter says...

Well, I thought at we had a "What are you listening to?" thread, and we're a writing forum, we should at least have a reading equivalent.

I'm reading Rubicon, The Triumph and Tragedy of the Roman Republic by Tom Holland
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:58 pm
niteowl says...

I just finished reading Abarat:Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker. I'm not currently reading anything. I might start something else soon.

EDIT: I forgot I was reading Hunted by NM Browne. I really need to finish it. I'm about 2/3 through.
Last edited by niteowl on Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:30 pm
Chevy says...

Right now, I'm reading "Facing the Music" by Margaret Willey. It tells the story about a girl who's mom died and her older brother has a band. Her older brother hates her but his best friend, who practically owns the band loves the girl. It's really good so far, except I skipped to the back and saw what was next, and ended up finding out the end is rather disappointing.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books

If you'd like to look at it.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:50 pm
Bobo says...

LOL, what aren't I reading? I'm in the middle of probably 10 books or so right now, including Harry Potter 3, Wishsong of Shanarra, Naked Empire, The Time Machine, and one of those Camber books.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:03 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

right now im reading Lotr im on the first book right in the trilogy
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Reviews: 2
Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:16 pm
Ayren says...

Right now I'm reading Eartborn by Orson Scott Card and I'm trying to read War and Peace because it will give me like super mega bonus in history class which I despeately need.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Thomas Jefferson

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:17 pm
Zion says...

Introduction to C++ :P :P
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:19 pm
Skye says...

Hexwood by Diana Wynne Jones. Those who are familiar with her know that she has some pretty confusing books, but I have to say that this one takes the cake! Don't not read the book because of that though, she's a phenomenal writer and when you finish a book, you feel more satisfied. ;)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:26 pm
Soyala Amaya says...

I am reading 'A Brothers Tale' or something along that line. Everyone knows "A Child Called It', 'A Man Called Dave', and whatever the middle one is about hsi teenage years by Dave Pelzer, right? Well, this is written by his little brother Richard, who became the mom's new It after Dave got put into foster care. I have all the Child Called It series, including the self-help book for people dealing with being abused autographed by the author.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:32 am
Meshugenah says...

The hunchback fo notre dame, tricksters' queen... several others, and the joy luck club... i could go on :D and macbeth in english.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:39 am
Crysi says...

Angel on the Square.. But I want to start The Dark Portal, and I really should try to get through Dragonmage of Mystara again..
Love and Light

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
electricbluemonkey says...

"Touching Spirit Bear" by Ben Mikaelsen.

Its a really good book, but a little weird at times.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:04 am
Tara says...

Insomnia, Eregon, Xenocide, The Lonely Path, and The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:45 am
Sam says...

that is a hilarious book...the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy! :D
Btw, I'm reading State of Fear; Micheal Crichton, just finished Just Jane; William Lavender, and I'm going to start Prince Across the Water; Jane yolen and somebody else I don't remember...I like having several books going at one time, you know? :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:08 am
Nate says...

Just finished up with the five hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy books about a week ago. The first two were great, the third one was good, and the last two were alright. But the first two are absolutely HILARIOUS.

Right now, I'm reading a collection of short stories by Philip K. Dick, the guy who wrote Minority Report. A number of them are quite chilling.

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi