z

Young Writers Society

Icharis?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:47 am
LamaLama says...

Watching mythbusters, Jamie made a reference to Icharis. "I think I'm going to end up like Icharis, and you all know what happened to Icharis."
Well, I don't. What happened to Icharis?
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:03 am
Snoink says...

Icharus is in Greek mythology. Basically, him and his father made these wings out of wax, and his father warned him not to go too high or else the sun would melt his feathers and he would die.

Well, guess what happened? The stupid kid didn't follow his dad's instructions and he plunged into the sea and drowned. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:14 am
View Likes
Zion says...

Correction. The sun melted the WAX. Not the feathers. lol! How can you melt feathers? hahahahahaha good one :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

52 Reviews

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 pm
LamaLama says...

OOOOOOHHH

yeah, I know that story.
God forbid I try to look it up! All I got was marvel comics "ikaris" and some freaking band.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:16 pm
Myth says...

If you type 'Icarus' into a search engine you can find out a more detailed version. I think you've spelt it wrong otherwise you would have found it.

I think I watched an old movie on a boy who wanted to fly and it was based on the legend.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:17 pm
Swires says...

Yep, Daedalus, Icarus' father was an inventornand creator. He also is mythed to have build the famous labyrinth of Crete for King Minos.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:06 pm
Galatea says...

Correct!

You know, Lama, you could have asked me...*is hurt* No one I know knows more about Greek/Roman mythology. (I'm not braggins, I'm just a wealth of useless information, that's all...)
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

52 Reviews

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:32 pm
LamaLama says...

you were asleep!!

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda