z

Young Writers Society

Riddles

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:08 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

For the monk one...uh...wait a minute, do monks drink coffee? I mean, they can't because then they wouldnt be able to carry out their monk...ly tasks. You know, they would be so hyper and would want to go to the bathroom!...J/k :D :) :roll: ...I'm stumped...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:12 pm
Firestarter says...

The answer is:

Monks don't stir their coffee with their hands! They use a spoon! :thumb:
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:30 pm
Nate says...

This is probably the most popular thread that died... but I'm gonna revive it!

An Arab sheikh is old and must will his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition. His two sons will ride their camels in a race, and whichever camel crosses the finish line last will win the fortune for its owner. During the race, the two brothers wander aimlessly for days, neither willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they ask a wise man for advice. He tells them something; then the brothers leap onto the camels and charge toward the finish line. What did the wise man say?

If the riddle is not answered by 11pm, 1/15 GMT, I'll give the answer.

Oh, and if anyone would like to be the riddle master, pm me with a few riddles. We really should have only one person posting riddles.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Perra says...

To either get off their camels before crossing the finish line, without their camels, and then see which camel crosses the finish line? Something around there?
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:44 pm
nickelpickle says...

1. A man is condemned to die. He is given a choice of three ways to die. He can be put into a room full of trained assasins with loaded guns. He can be put in a room full of raging fires or he can be put in a room full of lions who haven't eaten in three years.
Last edited by nickelpickle on Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:53 pm
Firestarter says...

An Arab sheikh is old and must will his fortune to one of his two sons. He makes a proposition. His two sons will ride their camels in a race, and whichever camel crosses the finish line last will win the fortune for its owner. During the race, the two brothers wander aimlessly for days, neither willing to cross the finish line. In desperation, they ask a wise man for advice. He tells them something; then the brothers leap onto the camels and charge toward the finish line. What did the wise man say?

He will pay them more money that the old sheikh?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:58 pm
Nate says...

nickelpickle wrote:1. A man is condemned to die. He is given a choice of three ways to die. He can be put into a room full of trained assasins with loaded guns. He can be put in a room full of raging fires or he can be put in a room full of lions who haven't eaten in three years.

2. What goes up and never comes down?

Only one riddle at a time please.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:19 pm
niteowl says...

nickelpickle wrote:1. A man is condemned to die. He is given a choice of three ways to die. He can be put into a room full of trained assasins with loaded guns. He can be put in a room full of raging fires or he can be put in a room full of lions who haven't eaten in three years.

Ooh I know I know! He should choose the lions, cause THEY'LL ALL BE DEAD! Ok so I've seen this one before, but I figured it out pretty quick the first time too.

I agree with Firestarter on the sheik one.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

418 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:23 pm

Yep, I agree too...hmm...this thread really did get lost, and it was one of the most popular. I wonder why...

425 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:01 am
Nate says...

Please only on-topic posts and only one riddle at a time. The riddle right now is the Arab sheikh and the camels.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:33 am
smilyfacebkwrm says...

The camel one - the guy hopped onto the OTHER camel that way HIS camel would cross the finish line last and WIN! :)

425 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:45 am
Nate says...

smilyfacebkwrm wrote:The camel one - the guy hopped onto the OTHER camel that way HIS camel would cross the finish line last and WIN! :)

Hey! You're back! And you earned yourself a cookie!

Next riddle can be posted by whoever posts it first. But, only one riddle in this topic at a time please. Once again, if someone wants to be the riddle master, pm me.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:06 am
niteowl says...

Hey Nate I have an idea. You could be the "Riddle Master" and anyone with a riddle can pm you and you can post it if you want.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

418 Reviews

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:04 am

Okay, 1 riddle at a time.

The riddle thats going on right now is:

There are 4 mugs placed upturned on the table. Each mug have the same number of marbles and a statement about the number of marbles in it. The statements are: Two or Three, One or Four, Three or One, One or Two.

Only one of the statement is correct. How many marbles are there under each mug?

Please don't post new riddles! Until this one is figured out or in 24 hours can a new riddle be posted. If you have one PM me.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:17 am
niteowl says...

FOUR!

Only one of them mentions four and they all have the same number of marbles!

Did I get it? Did I? Did I?

<YWS><R1>

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver