Reviews: 3
Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:37 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

^^Ohhhh!!! That seems right :)

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:30 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yes, I see that is right, but the original answer was <. Both ways work, so, ready for the next quiz?

HERE IT IS!

1. A student correctly shows that 1/2 of 12 is seven. How?
2. Divide 35 by 1/2, add 10, subtract 23, divide by 2/1, and add 100.
3. A train that is one mile long traveling at 60 mph enters a tunnel that is one mile long. How long until the train is out of the tunnel.
4. The distance up a hill and down the other side is the same. A car averages 30 mph going up and 60 mph going down the other side. What is the average speed of the car overall?
5. Daniel claimed that "2 x 10 = 2 x 11" is a true statement. What was his explanation?
6. Write in number form, twelve billion, twelve thousand, twelve hundred and twelve. (This is ONE number!)
7. There is a one story house and everything is pink. The rugs are pink, the TV is pink, the chairs are pink, even the toilet is pink. One man lives there, he is a member of the OWP, otherwise known as "Obsessed With Pink". Everyday he leaves to go to work at 6 am and comes back at 7pm, after getting some Krispy Kreme donuts from a local store. When he gets home he unbuckles his belt, takes off his shoes and sits on a really big pink bean bag. He watches the FRIENDS in his really pink TV and puts a hot pocket in his pink microwave. After that he sits on a pink chair and eats off a light pink table. After he is done, he throws the pink plastic plate away and goes to take a shower in his pink bathroom. Everything in the bathroom is pink. There is pink everywhere, pink on the floor, pink on the sink, pink in the bath tub. Everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING is pink. After he goes to sleep in his dark pink bed and dreams of stuff that is pink. Everything that is pink he dreams of. Then he wakes up and goes to work in his pink Corvette. Then he works in his pink office building and writes with his pink pencil, then goes back home and watches pink TV. What color are the stairs?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:11 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

7. There is a one story house and everything is pink. The rugs are pink, the TV is pink, the chairs are pink, even the toilet is pink. One man lives there, he is a member of the OWP, otherwise known as "Obsessed With Pink". Everyday he leaves to go to work at 6 am and comes back at 7pm, after getting some Krispy Kreme donuts from a local store. When he gets home he unbuckles his belt, takes off his shoes and sits on a really big pink bean bag. He watches the FRIENDS in his really pink TV and puts a hot pocket in his pink microwave. After that he sits on a pink chair and eats off a light pink table. After he is done, he throws the pink plastic plate away and goes to take a shower in his pink bathroom. Everything in the bathroom is pink. There is pink everywhere, pink on the floor, pink on the sink, pink in the bath tub. Everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING is pink. After he goes to sleep in his dark pink bed and dreams of stuff that is pink. Everything that is pink he dreams of. Then he wakes up and goes to work in his pink Corvette. Then he works in his pink office building and writes with his pink pencil, then goes back home and watches pink TV. What color are the stairs?

IT'S A ONE STORY HOUSE!!!! hehe

Took me awhile, though, I was like "uhh, pink??" but then I figured it out. Yay! :)

[quote] 3. A train that is one mile long traveling at 60 mph enters a tunnel that is one mile long. How long until the train is out of the tunnel. [quote]

Umm, a minute? Well, at least a minute until the front part of the train is out.

418 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:38 pm

Right, all of them were. I just wanted to annoy everyone with the pink one. I put way too many things, didn't I? Well, I wanted to see someone say pink. That would have been funny.

Random avatar

Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:18 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Yeah by the end I was like, "ENOUGH WITH THE PINK!!!!!!" but it was good :)

418 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:04 pm

I should have added more stuff though, pink stuff. Anyone going to answer the other riddles?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:27 pm
Dreami says...

2. 101.1
4. 45 mph

6 I don't get

418 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:19 pm

How can you not get 6 if you just answered it?!

You got all of them right except for 2. It is really 102.5. Do it over again and see. By the way, 2/1 = 2! It is 2 ones so it is two. Get it now? Do it over and see...at least I think I am right...

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:08 pm
Firestarter says...

Here's some.

-If you have 6 apples, and you take four away, how many do you have?

-Which hand does a monk stir his coffee with?

-Could you ever lift an elephant with one hand in any situation? (not a toy elephant)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Perra says...

I'd have four apples! :mrgreen:
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

418 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:34 am

Wouldn't you still have 6. Its not like you eat them or throw them away.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:14 pm
Firestarter says...

You'd have 4.

Err for EBM's sake, you left them and they err....rotted away. And a dog ate the remains. Yes, dogs eat apples. Don't even suggest I'm wrong.

What about the others?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:36 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

-Could you ever lift an elephant with one hand in any situation? (not a toy elephant)

Sure :) If it was the elephant that had only one hand...

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:06 pm
Firestarter says...

Sure Smile If it was the elephant that had only one hand...

Haha, no. Cos Elephants don't have hands!

Random avatar

Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:12 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

yeah you're right *shrugs*

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky